Friday, April 20, 2007

The Journey...

Okay, It's a little early to be talking about the full journey of this half marathon training but now that I think about it, all the hard work is done. Well other than the race of course, but well, you know.

I was looking back through posts like this one that had me all nervous about tempo runs, and hill training and speed work. I guess it's the new stuff. And then it was 130 days. I looked over the posts where I told you about the Contagious Attitude, and all of the other positive things. Like for the very first time, running 8km. Wow. That's funny because now it seems like a peice of cake. Infact, when I do 8km, Im like YES! Not 18. Then there was the "Foot out the Door sydrome"...It's just amazing the difference.

Im so excited about this. The journey was amazing. And I guess that's really all that matters, right? I wrote one post about the reality of time...this is just so crazy to me! I really and truly can't believe it!

I am so excited. In just over 3 weeks, I will be standing at the start line, getting ready to race...wow.

I hope you have all enjoyed your journeys, and good luck to everyone who is running the SLC half marathon tomorrow!

Now to go enjoy the 22 degree celcius weather...

Tiger

2 Comments:

At 4:08 PM , Blogger Wes said...

It's very exciting isn't it? It almost makes the race anti-climatic. But don't worry. It won't be. The journey is what this is all about. The race is icing on the cake, and then... There's more. The journey goes on.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Joe said...

Whoa, Tiger, curb your enthusiasm. You've still got three more weeks! I don't want you to hit your mental peak too early. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home