Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Getting Ahead of Myself

Yes. I am already planning for my next race.
I want to do the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon on Spetember 30th, 2007. This is a very flat, and fast course. I was talking to Rick who grew up in Toronto and he said the only major hill is by the park, and it is not much more than 50 meters.

Easy Breezy. I was also thinking I could maybe even...qualify for Boston. (It's in two weeks, so theres a lot of talk on the Runner's world forum which make me think.... I wanna do it!) Ha. I can dream right? But I was really thinking about it. To qualify I need a 3:40. That is a 5:21km, or an 8:30 mile. Pretty doable, because it's only like 7 seconds faster than my half marathon pace. Obiously like trying to keep that up would be tough but I have 178 days.

I won't start training until after my half marathon (In like 37 days). Ill be training some of the time here, some of the time in Kingston. Well, probably most of the time in Kingston. I might even start looking for marathon training programs.

Ha. One step at a time, one step at a time.

Sorry, I just had to put that out there in BlogLand.

Didn't run today. I had no voice. Came home from school early. Didn't go into work. Sick. Feeling better.

Will Blog again tomorrow morning after a run. WERE GETTING snow:( i dont want a white easter.

Tiger

3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Hope you feel better! BQ is an admirable goal. Doing 8:30 for 26.2 miles is a killer goal.

If you get a bike, I want to see some tris on our race plans!!

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Joe said...

Whoa! You're already talking about Boston!

 
At 2:45 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

It would be so cool if you could get a BQ for the 2008 Boston Marathon as several members at about.com will be there too!! Nevertheless, we should wait and see how you do with the half marathon first, don't want to see you overextend yourself and get hurt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home