Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Reality of 46 days!!!

Today, it hit me. 46 days is REALLY soon. It's like, just about 6 weeks. Actually..it is 6.57 weeks away. 1103 hours, 66,225 minutes, 3,973,536 seconds. Okay, averaging 5 runs per week, thats only like 33 runs. Oh how will I ever be ready?! This is crazy.

There is still a lot that I want to do before the race..

-Peak at 20km. Run it twice
-Eat healthier
-Make my shirt
-Break in my shoes
-Pick up the pace
-Drive my family crazy talking about nothing BUT the rae for the next 46 days

Nah, not the last one. Ill drive you running folks crazy. But I will try and mix it up a bit. But the rest of it..yah, I gotta get it done..ahh. SO. Here is a question for all of you lovely lovely people. ( Does flattery really work?) Okay, what is the importance of a fallback week?! Is it important or can I just skip it. According to the schedule we do as follows, starting next week...16,12,18, 18, 20, 6 Race. Okay, well, I'm thinking if maybe I do... 16,18,18,20,20,6 that I'd be more comfortable with it. Whatchya think?! too much? I dunnooo..

Oh, and I talked to the physio therapists office...I have to make an appointment. So, I will find a time that works and go!

More on hills later. Getting more and more excited.

Tiger

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger Joe said...

Hehe, I can beat that! My half is in only 40 days. So there!

You're crazy like me, huh? You can't stop thinking about it and visualizing yourself running the last 100 meters of that race, down the finish chute, with the crowd going wild and chanting "Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!"?

> There is still a lot that I want to do
> before the race..
> -Make my shirt

I made my own "See Joe Run. See Joe Swim" shirt on zazzle.com. The only problem is, it's cotton, so it's not great for running. I usually change into it after my Sunday run and wear it in Tim Horton's while I drink coffee with my Sunday run buddies.

I think Leah knows a website where you can make personalized TECHNICAL shirts.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hey, thanks for the link

I will not be wearing cotton during the race. Cotton is rotten.

Thanks for the link to "Leah" I will be sure to ask on how ot make the technical shirt online. If not, I willl buy a white technical shirt from the running room and make my own, and will have the "homemade look"

haha. 40 days you must be going crazy!!!

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Joe said...

Hey you stole that "cotton is rotten" saying from John Stanton's book. :-)

 
At 1:47 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

A "fallback week" is where you allow your body to recharge and recover by cutting your mileage and your intensity...similar to a recovery day within a week. Shucks, I've even heard of some runners having a "Recovery Season" and even a "Recovery Year!" Your "fallback week" would be important if you feel sore and/or listless where you find it difficult to get motivated to run. If you currently feel 100% you could skip it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home