Friday, March 23, 2007

Not Normal

I have just come to the realization that I am probably not normal. If you ask my family, however, they could have told you this several years ago. But, I think I am not normal.

I am so very excited about this race. The one that I have coming up. Lately, almost all of the runs that I have gone on, I have felt elated, just running, and thinking about what it would feel like to cross the finish line.
To reach a goal that for a very long time everyone told me that I was too lazy to reach.
But I will do it in spite of them all
Mind you, they are all quite supportive of me now that they see that I am serious. But Still.
I am ridiculously excited. 50 days will go by super fast.

So, today, I snuck in 6.15km after school and before work. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Out of this 6km, I have a new PB for a 5k. Prior to this it was 30:05, and today I ran it in 28:28. Not bad.

And, I have splits for you too..all negative splits. how pessimistic huh?

1km: 6:02
2km: 5:44
3km: 5:40
4km: 5:33
5km: 5:23
6km: 5:25

Oh yah, and I didn't listen to music either. Just thought about stuff. Yah..What do you bloggers think about when you run?

Yup. And I tried out my new running skirt. My Nike one! At t he beginning, I might have been a little bit self-concsious. But, that's okay, once I got into it, I was good!! And I love it! THERES NO MORE SNOW HERE IN CANADA...(Ontario) and no rain for the rest of this weekend. It's gonna be like 11 tomorrow and 13 on Sunday. Tomorrow I am squeezing in 8km before I work at 9:30am, then going to Chuck E Cheese, and then at 4:30 leaving for Swiss Chalet until 9--Its going to be a busy day tomorrow. Same with Sunday. Running from 8:30 until I finish 16km. Then I work at 12!! Yahoo. Then I work til 8, come home and sleep. Ignoring Homework I think. hahaha im so bad.

Im off to work now,

Tiger

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM , Blogger Joe said...

We're two peas in a pod. I can't stop thinking about my half marathon either. If you're abnormal than so am I.

> I have felt elated, just running, and thinking
> about what it would feel like to cross the finish line.

Me too! It helps to think about that when you're in the middle of a 10 mile training run.

Great job on the 6.15K!

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Joe said...

That Marafun looks like great fun. You are a wonderful role model for your sister.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home