Sunday, April 15, 2007

Crossing The Finish Line...

I haven't blogged in a while because I haven't run in awhile, and my life is pretty boring. Or pretty busy. Your pick.

So, Today, I did an 18ish km run today. I say "ISH" because the fast folks in my clinic were not there, and so I, being the great and fast person that I am, was at the front. Almost. I followed two people whom I assumed were in my clinic, were not, and I ended up taking a wrong turn, turning back around, and then I finally met up with someone who sorta knew where they wre going...Yay me!

We ran up like 10867948750 hlls (Yes, I do exaggurate) and then through a marsh, over some sand, on a boardwalk and yes, on the roads and sidewalks. The first part of the run was FULLY uphill, and then downhill. Kinda like the race. We ran across the finish line and threw our arms up in the air and imagined everyone saying...

" Go Tiger Go!!! You can do it! Congratulations!! All that hard work has paid off!!!"

...and then we turned back around and ran back to the Running Room. My pace was ALL over the place. But I haven't run in a week. Apparently next weeks run is harder. Oh well, It's all for a reason.

I don't know how long the run was, but I felt every single step.

*******************************************************************************
I went to the Running Room on Friday, and bought new Running Shoes. Apparenlty I should be in a cushioning shoe instead of a stability shoe and that's the reason for my shin splint's and stuff. So, I will start breaking in my new shoes tomorrow. I also bought my shirt, and new socks.

*****************************************************************************
Speed Work starts on Wednesday. My job knows that I cannot work Tuesday or Wednesday. This is what Rob told me today:

"After doing speedwork you will be asking for hills!!! You push yourself so hard, you feel like you are going to puke, but you don't"

...Not looking too forward to that, but everything is done for a reason!

27 days, 27 days, 27 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, Im done, 27 days!

Finish Strong

Tiger

P.S. Don't worry, I will be blogging a lot more this week, because I will be running a lot more this week.

4 Comments:

At 9:02 AM , Blogger Wes said...

That's OK, Tiger. You blog whether you are running or not, if you want to. You are going to smoke that race! Nothing like pushing yourself to the max to put going up a hill into the proper perspective. This I know. Your hard work will pay off. Keep at'em girlfriend.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Joe said...

Your Sunday run sounded just like mine was. Oh well, it builds character, I suppose.

Which brand and model of shoe did you buy? The ASICS Nimbus?

Did you get your free Running Room / Vector Cereal technical shirt? There's a coupon on Vector cereal boxes.

Good luck with the speed work. I loathe it.

Twenty days until my half!

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger AddictedToEndorphins said...

>Which brand and model of shoe did >you buy? The ASICS Nimbus?

No...I bought Adidas Supernova. The lady at the Running Room said we should aim to stand up and have them feel like heaven. I tried on every shoe on the wall and got those ones. Whatever works I guess.

>Did you get your free Running >Room / Vector Cereal technical >shirt? There's a coupon on Vector cereal boxes.

I have yet to find a box of cereal with the darn coupon. I am on a search though..."Get Run Ready!"

>Good luck with the speed work. I loathe it.

I have a feeling I will too.. I just keep telling my self everything is for a reason...

>Twenty days until my half

I know!!! You're a week ahead of me!! Can't wait for the report and then you can tell me everything NOT to do!!

Are you excited yet?

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Joe said...

Yes, I'm very excited but also worried, nervous and even a bit afraid. It just started hitting me this morning that the race is almost here and it's probably too late to improve much before the race. I just have to finish off the last long run and hope for the best.

As of today, I'm starting to worry about things like transportation to the event, bag check-in, weather, clothing, pre-race meal, race strategy, nutrition/hydration during the race, what kind of warm up to do, what time to get there, whether or not to use an mp3 player, etc, etc, etc. Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home