Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Don't Really Know What This One's About...


Happiness (Noun)


1. State of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy

2. emotions experienced when in a state of well-being


I am truly happy, guys. I am content. I have a good life. I have been staying with my Aunt for the last little while, and it has honestly been some well needed time away from my usual surroundings. Although I miss the sidewalks, I like it hear. But I miss my family even though I talk to them on a regular basis.
I got a job I don't mind going to five days a week. I work with good people. I like my job. I like that it gives me time to run. I can run in the mornings or in the evening. I don't need to run in the middle of the heat anyways.
I like my running. I can stay happy if I can run.

I'm going to University. First on my mom's side of the family for University (my aunt went to College) and first on my dad's side for post secondary education. I know kind of where I want to go with my degree...Teacher? Fitness promotion?? That kind of a direction.
I know that things are going to change next year. I'm okay with that. Change can be a good thing. I think I have changed over the summer. I can't exactly pinpoint how but I think that I have matured just a very little bit. I still have my youthful exuberance and cynisism ( and always will) but I think that I can deal with whatever is thrown at me better.
On my birthday I was looking at what I had done the past year. (okay, well the day before actually cause I still don't remember too much). This is Birthday to birthday, not January to July...
1. I worked full time.
2. I realized what was best for me, and went bacck to school.
3. I went back to school not knowing anyone, and met some cool people.
4. I did pretty well in my courses.
5. I applied and got into University
6. I ran a Half Marathon!!!!!!!!! (Remember that?)
7. I realized that whatever comes to me, I worked for. It didn't just fall into place.
So, for next year, I have set a couple of goals out for myself.
1. Focus, and stay organized in school
2. Keep running a priority.
3. Get another, different job. More Experience. More Networking. More Friends
4. Enjoy th next year. Drink in the experience
5. Don't let the experience of University exams break my spirit.
6. Run a 1:35 at the Mississauga Half Marathon.
7. Do a triathalon (olympic distance, I think)
8. Build a big base
9. remember where I came from
10. work hard
11. Never take anything for granted.
So, maybe I do know what this one is about. It's about ME! Yep. I am happy.
I'm gonna be fine. I think I have known that for awhile but I truly realize it. I can handle whatever life throws at me. The bad moments only make the good ones sweeter, right? I am a good person, and if someone doesn't like me for who I am, that's there buisiness!
Tiger
P.S. This is my 200th blog post. I encourage you to look back through the archives, and see how much I have actually grown up. Here's one post that's not worth missing...

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM , Blogger Wes said...

It's really cool that your karma is so strong right now :-) Stay on top of the wave!!

 
At 1:57 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

What a nice "positive" post! We should all examine the achievements we made throughout the year and to continue to grow in self knowledge. You are wise beyond your years!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home