Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Straight Away


Ok. Short and sweet.

I ran to work today to check the timing out.


It was 12k. It took a long time, probably cause it was hot, and hilly and I hadn't eaten (cause it was the morning.) It's okay though. The point isn't that it took a long time. The point is that I got out and did it. I'm okay that it took a long time because my speed will come back soon. Im not getting nervous. I think that I can do the Toronto one in October. and the Scotia in September as a training run. The running room's program is only at a 10k long run.


I ran down a country road. Honestly friends, it was 12 k straight out. With NOTHING. No houses, shops, grocery store, gas stations, prisons, NOTHING!! IT's really a challenge to not let your mind wander as to what coul dbe in the woods, or what would happen if you just dropped dead. There aren't even many cars!!!

I think I would have liked it better if I ran 12k by doing 6 out, and 6 back. It just seems so much longer by going all the way out. I dunno maybe its just me!


So, todays totals: 12km in the morning, 3km at the Running Rooms 20 minute Challenge=15km at the end of the day. That makes 21 for the week. Im doing good so far!! Tomorrow I'll see how I feel. I might do 12 or 18 or 22. We'll see.
Oh. and i did the running room's 20 min challenge for a free hat. With my Aunt and uncle joe. IT was fun. I enjoyed it. They enjoyed it. I got a free hat. They got a free hat. Can't turn that down can you? (I tried to get them to do hills with the half marathon clinic but they wouldn't)
Tiger
P.S. Im already planning my next race out fit!
See you're keeping me in line and you don't even know it!!

2 Comments:

At 5:09 AM , Blogger Wes said...

One way definitely seems longer, especially if the destination is not home!

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger robison52 said...

Running out and backs seem easier due to the "horse going back to the barn" effect!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home