Sunday, July 01, 2007

Decisions, Decisions!

Today is Canada Day! HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

So...

I have some decisions to make. And I don't know which one I am going to decide on. Cause I suck at making decisions.

I can do the Scotiabank Waterfront Half Marathon in 90 days. Im sure I could be ready for it. I don't know if I will be fully trained though.

Or I could do the Toronto International Half Marathon in 104 days. That's a 2 week difference. I am sure I could be ready for this one too.

But, do I want to have the extra 2 weeks and possibly run a bettter race?

I'll be home in August--the middle of August. This gives me about of month to do my long runs in places where there are sidewalks. Before that though, I will be running down County Roads with no sidewalks and lots of cars...and hills. I can't get to the Running Room. It is so far away.

I can proabably suck it up.I think I'll aim for the International...Maybe I can do Scotia as a practice run...and International for my time goal...Hmmm. That way I get BOTH t-shirts. hahah. I also start training for the Disney Marathon on September 7th, although I am not going to run it. Im soo excited about that.

That's my story...

Tiger

6 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Arcane said...

Do both I say. You can do the first one as a long run. The later Toronto one is probably faster since it's net downhill.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Whatever decision you make, it will be the right one, Tiger. Running on sidewalks is rougher on your body :-) Enjoy those hills and country roads!

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Casey said...

Hello! I'm doing the Akron RoadRunner Marathon at the very end of Sept. www.akronmarathon.com. It should be pretty interesting. I hope. Good luck in your training!

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger Joe said...

You should also consider the relative difficulty level of each course. If the earlier race is an easier course, it might actually be an easier run even though you are getting less training time for it.

If you have deep pockets, you could sign up for both and then drop out of one later on.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Darren said...

Umm.. don't forget that tri you mentioned earlier!

 
At 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never done Scotia, but heard it's good for fast times. I've done the International half twice and can't say the same about it. The first 10km down Yonge St. are awesome, then some nice winding roads with trees on both sides, but then you go through an industrial area and eventually run UP University Ave. from Front St. to Queen's Park - a slight but noticeable uphill for several kms at the end of your half marathon! Also you can see QP, but you have to run 3/4 of the way around it to the finish line. Knowing all this the second time around did not make it easier! Good luck, whatever you decide!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home