Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Hero


His name is Steve. Steve Prefontaine.


I watched the movie "Without Limits" today. He is my hero. He should have made his stupid running friend run home and then he would have just stayed their with his girlfriend and stayed alive and they could have got married and yadda yadda had little baby Steve Prefontaines and I would marry one of them. Providing they had a boy. I think that Steve is a little too old for me. (To all those who were born in the time of pre, take no offence to that prior comment. I don't think that you are old. I think that he would be too old to marry!)


Here are somethings that Steve Said.


A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.


I don't just go out there and run. I like to give people watching something exciting.


Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him,' and I just took off.


You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement.


Yesterday I worked, and it sucked.


Today, I went for a run. 11km. It was ok. Beautiful weather. Then, my sisters and I went out for lunch. It was good. Then my dinner didn't agree with my tummy. There needn't be anymore details on that. Then, I went to SportCheck and purchased a brand new Camel Back. Its blue and ergonomically correct for female runners. My butt! It's fun though, I have been wearing it all day. Yeah Im kind of a looser. Then I took Cooper and my brothers and sisters for a walk. We had a dinner picnic at the park cause it was so nice. Then we took my brothers and sisters back to my dads house about 45 minutes away. The car ride sucked. The ride home was better. I got to drive. With my mom. My mom has a brake on her side of the car whenever someone else drives. Whatever. Now Im home and blogging before getting ready for bed. It's gonna be bedtime soon.
Today Was Better Than Yesterday!
On Wednesday I am going to the Running Room to meet 10 time Ironman Champion Lisa Bentley.
I gotta go kids! Take Care, Keep Running. I cannot wait til friday!
Coach Tiger
(I'll explain later!)

3 Comments:

At 1:26 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Congrats on owning a CamelBak!! The Camelbak is one of my best running investments.

Note, Steve Prefontaine was born in 1951, I'm a year younger as I was born in 1952. Besides "Without Limits" another movie was made about Prefontaine, simply titled "Pre." More factual with historic actual footage is "Fire on the Track."

I'm hanging on pins and needles wondering what's happening on Friday!!! You're such a tease.

 
At 6:09 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Sorry, I don't know who Steve is, but I feel like I should :-) You are not a looser. Don't make me come north and bop you upside the head ;-)

 
At 3:56 AM , Blogger Robert said...

My mom always had a brake on her side of the car. It was her yelling "Slow down!". :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home