Thursday, June 07, 2007

Meet Cooper

This Is Cooper! We are fostering him from the Humane Society. The last dog we had was an 8 year old "Bagel" whom we found a good home for. This one, I am hoping we can keep. Cooper stands to about my waist, and he's got long legs and big paws. He's barely over a year old and has a ton of puppy energy.

Do you get my drift? This is my new Running Partner! One that I can take out in Rain or Shine! I think a 5am run every morning would be good for me. He's a little silly when he walks, he tries to pull, but I think it is partially because he has been in a shelter since he was a pup. If I walk him and feed him and take care of him he might just be mine.

I won't get my hopes up yet though.
If this doesn't work, I am suggesting we foster a 3 year old, retired greyhound. You wait, I'll have a sub 3 hour marathon before you know it!

Cheers!
Tiger Out*

**SCHOOLS ALMOST OUT!! LIKE 6 DAYS!! Thank goodness!

5 Comments:

At 6:05 PM , Blogger Arcane said...

I always thought it would be cool to have a dog to run with. Dalmatians are also good. I hear they like to run.

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

I ride to Hockley. That's how i get my 7 hours ride in. Takes me about 2 1/2 hours to ride to orangeville. An hour or two at Hockley...then ride back.

Riding long is a lot of fun..just pace yourself.....it is the same as running long.

That's a good running partner...

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Robert said...

Don't feel bad for taking time off (or eating some junk food for that matter), just get back in there as soon as you can. You're far healthier than most just being as active as you have been.

Can the dog keep up with you? :P

 
At 1:55 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Did you read the recent story in the current Runner's World about the hero dog that saved a famous female ultra runner??? It's a GREAT read, makes me want a running dog too!

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Joe said...

Cute puppy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home