Thursday, May 17, 2007

Group Therapy

Group Therapy Starts Sunday! Thank God! We will be going for a nice, gentle, run through the park. Only 7 or 8 kilometers. Tomorrow, If I can wake up early enough, I will be hitting the pool at 6:30 am...Sooo much energy!!

I am also taking myself to a PT. Twingy left knee. It could be a compensation thing. I injured my right knee, so maybe my left foot is taking all the slack from my weak right knee...Hmm.

New Goals...

Long Term Goals:

Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon: September 30th, 2007-The goal for this race is to be determined. I don't know if I will run it to finish, Run it to finish with a time goal (I.e. Under 4 hours) or for a Boston Qualifier. (Please note, this last one will most likely not be a goal...A girl can dream right?!)

Toronto Half Marathon: October 14th, 2007 as a fun run. With my Science Teacher. I will either be doing it with some of the ladies from the clinic, or I will be doing it with him. He's gotta commit to it by August though. Like, commit commit.

Immediate Goals:

Tone my body. Not loose weight. Because if I try and loose weight my whole life will revolve around the scale and only silly tweeners do that. AND muscle weighs more than fat I will have you know. Although, I will try and not have more than 2lbs of body weight per inch...
Action Plan: Go to the gym often. Like 3 to 4 times per week. Everyday is overdoing it. I can't say that I don't have time, because really, I can make time if I want to. But I think it's overdoing it. Atleast at this point in my life it is...Not fit enough..

Start Swimming: Be able to swim for one hour non-stop by September
Action Plan: Start swimming 2 to 3 times a week. In the summer this can be maintained at my aunts house, as there is a pool near her home. There is also a pool in my builiding and a pool a few blocks from my house. There are no excuses Tiger, No Excuses...

Now, I need a couple options for "Marathon Training Programs.."
(Opinions please, opinions.)

Cool Running's Intermediate Training Program: I am confident in the distance, I am sure that I can do it, I want to work also on speed...
Nike Marathon Training Program: Lot's of different Philosophies...Not enough Running I don't think..
Random Online Training Program: I just don't like the last week...

Or... I could just take all the programs and make one super program!!! :)

I had a vanilla Milkshake today. God Im going to get fat..

How long did it take you guys to get the pics the took after the race???? gahhhhh!!! Did you know that I cannot wait?!?!?!

So I'm out for a nap, then an 8 page paper, and then Im swimming tomorrow morning...

Cheers
Tiger

5 Comments:

At 2:32 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Dang, Tiger! You are bouncing around all over the place :-) Those are great plans. The pics usually take about a week. Good luck with the swimming. There are good free plans on the internet for that too.

 
At 2:04 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

I like the idea of "Or... I could just take all the programs and make one super program!!" Play it by ear week by week marathon training plan with a side of listening to your body's request.

Once you have swimming down pat, the bicycle next? Do I see a tri in your future? I see our "Nat" blog, "The Negative Split" where she's now training for a tri.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger The Salty One said...

Hey tiger! It's good to see you're planning for what's next.

I have no doubt that you can train for and complete a fall marathon. I just wonder though, if maybe you're rushing. You're very young and you have many many years of running ahead of you. Marathon training is quite a commitment and very demanding on your time and your body. If you haven't been running for a long time--and I mean years--it probably won't be a whole lot of fun. I don't mean to be a finger-wagger who discourages you, but so many people rush to a marathon, slog through it and burn out. What's the rush? A full marathon is so much different than a half. It is not doubly hard it's 10x as hard as running a half! Seriously!

Why not work on your half first and get your time down to the point where maybe if you ran a full you could BQ? If you train right and stick to it, you can take a 1/2 hour off your time and be in a good position to run a 3:40 full. At this point, you're looking at around 5+ hours to complete a full. You CAN BQ, but rushing to run a marathon this fall is not the way to do it.

At a minimum, please please please don't plan on that 1/2 2 weeks after the full marathon if you choose to run it. That's asking for trouble!! You will need A LOT of time to recover if you run a full marathon this fall before (in my opinion) you're really ready for it.

I am just saying this stuff because I can tell how into running you are and I'd really hate for you to burn out so early. Patience will help you improve just as much as your passion for running!!!

I'll be happy to help you with a training program whatever you decide, if you want my help. Just let me know.

Happy recovery!!!

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger The Salty One said...

Hi Tiger! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Again, I do not want to discourage you from going after your goals!! I am all about that!! I just hope to help you get there and share my opinions and experiences.

Anyway, about the 5+ hours--that is probably overly cautious on my part. If your a 2:10 half I would say that would be about a 4:40-5:00 or so first marathon. I think you could probably be on the faster end of that, actually.

I'll be happy to talk to you about training. E-mail me (there's a link on my profile)

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Arcane said...

they posted the pics. Links are on the website. If you're just looking to finish, I would recommend an easier plan. That coolrunnings plan has a 26 mile long run! You might want to look at one of hal higdon's beginner plans. Nice slow build-up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home