Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Emotional

I think this may be part of my taper madness.

I had a crazy dream that my race ended in a cave. And I had no shoes on. And no, Im not Kenyan. and then the chip mat that you go over in the end was a mountain. Yeah. I woke up and found my shoes much to my relief.

One of the ladies sent an email out with race tips, and then at the end she left a couple of motivational words she had heard elsewhere.

Her and her boyfriend had gone to Boston a few weeks before, and at the church of the finish line they say some things for the athletes...

To the congregation: "Strong and faithful God, we ask for your blessing on these athletes who have come to race and compete. Keep them safe from injury and harm. Instill in them respect for each other. Give them the endurance to compete well. Reward them for their discipline and perseverance."

To the athletes: "May you mount up with wings like eagles. May you run and not grow weary. May you walk and not faint. May God touch you with a wind that keeps you strong, for all the days to come"

And, the famous Irish Blessing:

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May Gold hold you in the palm of his hand."

That made me all misty eyed.

Im going to run my race. Im going to do my thing. I am going to do great.

This is the tenative itinerary for this week

Thursday: Coffee with friend I haven't seen in forever. Take 1208 of pictures, Go carbo loading with mom. Mm...pasta... Take pictures of everything that is in my bag. Post good pictures here. (Aren'tyou excited to see my shirt!?)
Friday: RACE EXPO at lunch. Then work 5-9.
Saturday: Friendship run with john stanton. Last minute supplies. I think Im going to get those painter coveralls like Joe did. Watch Saint Ralph. Try and sleep. End up staring at the ceiling twiddling my thumbs until morning
Sunday: RACE.. The freaking race is This sunday

I have much more to post but not much time.

Just so you all know, I am so worried I will not be able to find my shoes, so they sleep beside me and I wake up about 5 times a night to make sure they are still there.

I am crazy. I have no doubt in my mind.

TIGER

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiger,

Cool blog. my partner and I are creating a site for runners like yourself and want you to be on it. Should launch in about a month or so - infiniterunners.com. Hope to see you on it. It's different then anything on the net.

Brian

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger Wes said...

The important thing is to have everything laid out the night before, so you don't have to do anything but get dressed, put on your shoes, grab your bad, and head out the door. If your Mom is helping you, she will be a big help in keeping your head on straight. You are going to have a GREAT time at the expo. I hope you saved some money for some really cool stuff.

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Joe said...

> Saturday: Friendship run
> with john stanton.

If you get a chance to meet John Stanton, ask him if he remembers some tall guy (me) giving him a massive hug at the finish line of the Vancouver Half Marathon on May 6th!

> I think Im going to get
> those painter
> coveralls like Joe did.

My brother and I got soooooooo many looks and questions. And you know what? Those things are surprisingly warm. You won't be cold!

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger The Salty One said...

I saw your comment on Joe's blog. DON'T WORRY! Just stick to your plan and get out there and run. You'll do fine. When your done if things didn't go as planned then you can learn from it. If it goes better than expected then you can learn from that too. Just go out there run and enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home