Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Running Ahead

...not a great idea, especially if you think you know what you are supposed to do for that nights speed work but you really don't.

I ran with two other ladies, and we went, and I thought we were supposed to do 1 lap, 2 laps, 4 laps of the track, with a walk break in between. That's what I thought, and so that's what we did.

T: So, next week we will be sprinting 2 miles?
R: No, it stays the same next week
T: So, 1 mile
R: No, 3 laps is only 1200 meter (1.2km)
T: We did 4 laps
R: Oh.Well atleast you didn't get injured

I may be a good pace tiger, but I wouldn't run with me unless you plan of doing a little extra.

On that note, I am feeling really confident about my upcoming race. I must say that I am cautiously optimistic. Still nervous but optimistic.

I am going to divide the raceinto 4 seperate parts, this way at each part, I can assess where I am at, my time, and where I want to go from there. Sounds like a plan to me I think.

I don't want to get so confident I slack off though....

Keep me in line, guys, if you see too much of this confidence/cockiness

Tiger

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Blogger Joe said...

A little cockiness and confidence is warranted. Your training is going extremely well.

 
At 5:15 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Confidence, cockiness, bursting at the seams with energy! That's what we want to see Tiger.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home