Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Need a Doctor?

I'm going to be one.

I'm not going to be a doctor doctor, but I am going to get my PHd in Kinesology and Health Science, and become a University/college teacher. It's going to be neat I think, because the PhD, you get to pick something that you are interested in, and write a paper, an thesis and stuff. Kind of neat, I think.

I signed up for my University courses today!! I'm taking Swimming and Track and Field in University!! For credits! Can you believe it!? That's pretty rockin' I think. Maybe I'll have to travel somewhere and make a thesis based on the places I wanted to go. I have always wanted to go to ocean. Like on the coast.

On the Running Front

I woke up this morning and said.."I'm not going to run." Yesterdays run was retardedly fast. Like 5:14/km average. I was sore. So, taking it easy.

I went out to run anyways. Speed work for that matter. I ran the 2k to the track. We did 1 lap, walk 1 lap, 2 laps, walk 1 lap, 3 laps, walk 1 lap, and then go backwards. I copped out after 2. I was so sore, and my twingy knee and my achilles to. I am quite willing to admit that this was all in my head, but I also think it is too late in the game, and if it's not in my head and it really has the possibility to be injured and then I run on it and it get's for sure injured. That would suck. I did what my body could handle.

I tried the "Self Massage" thing. My hands aren't strong enough. Or, my thighs are too big. And I couldn't really figure out if there was a knot in my quad. I know that my quad is sore.

I am scheduling a "Pre-race" massage for saturday! (Thanks joe for the Idea)

A lot of the Massage therapists are booked up because apparently a lot of racers have the same idea. But I am determined to find one. Apparently our insurance covers it too! That's even better

On the Race Front

I have decided that since, the night before I am planning on staring at the ceiling twidling my thumbs, I am going to rent "Without Limits", "Saint Ralph" and "Pre"...How inspiring right?! It'll be good.

Any other good rents for night before race night? I'm carbo loading on Friday instead of Saturday. I am going to the Expo Saturday, and I am meeting John Stanton on Saturday Morning.

Please Note: Everything said about the race will be repeated several times over the next 11 days!

I am going to try doing "Hot Yoga" tomorow morning

Take care everyone! Finish Strong,

Tiger

I.know.i.can.i.know.i.can.i.know.i.can....

2 Comments:

At 6:07 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Take it easy there, Tiger. Let your soreness heal up before the race. Congratulations on picking out a career path. That IS exciting. If you do pick an ocean, pick one someplace warm :-)

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Joe said...

Be cautious over these last 10 days. Take it easy on your twingy knee and achilles. Skip training runs if necessary (rest or swim). The most important thing is to arrive at the starting line strong and healthy. Any training at this point is not going to make much of a difference on your performance.

When you go for your massage this Saturday, make sure you tell them it is a PRE-race massage. They will be a little gentler on you. You might also want to schedule a post-race massage. Ask them what the best day for that second massage would be.

Some of my favorites inspirational movies are Saint Ralph, Breaking Away, Hoosiers, Rudy, October Sky, Without Limits, Seabiscuit and Cinderella Man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home