Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Post Running Blues...

Post Race Blues: Noun: One may feel they have copious amounts of time, boundless amounts of energy, and a longing to be with their running pals once again...

It's a treatable disorder curable best with group therapy that includes running, breakfast, drinks. One may set new goals and share them. Those friends who do not run will think they are crazy, and those who do will know it's true, but they will be there to validate said person's insanity.

This is the just of an e-mail I got this morning.

I think I have the post race blues, with some additional symptoms including fatigue( I think that might be why we need to rest and recouperate), surpressed appetite (And i know I have to eat.. I know...i know..). I think the most prevalent symptom is the copious amounts of time...I have planned my life around my Running for the last for months. Everyone that knows me, knows that I run, and that this is one of the very important things in my life, and they respect that...

Yesterday was the post-race party! It was grand! Robb made everyone certificates that said we finished and had the pic of the clinic. They're special! It's going in my Scrapbook. I do have a little bit of a headache this morning, but I might have something to drink last night...you couldn't tell though!

But Now What???

I have been thinking about what's next for awhile. I have talked to my unofficial pace bunny and asked him where he thinks I went wrong and where I can improve for next time...(I might have started too fast)

There are a few possible options...

Bread and Honey -15k sometime in early June...
(that can be the 'immediate' goal)

Theres not much in the way of races in July and September...and I will be in Kingston.. far away from my Running Buddies...What Will I do then?

September 30th: Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon
October: Toronto Marathon, Half Marathon, 8k and Relay

Now, if I did the Scotia race in September, I could do the Toronto Half Marathon wih Mr. Science Teacher (I talked to him the other day, that's a whole 'nother post...) NO, I would not race it, I would Run it. I was thinking that I would go for a Boston Qualifier at Scotiabank but I am not going to hold my breath.. I can't even imagine doing another half marathon....I'll be happy to finish...I still have a while to qualify for Boston...

Then in January, I want to do the Walt Disney World Marathon! This would mean another clinic. Even if I am not going to do the actual race, I am going to do the training!! If I can find roomates for Disney, I'll do Disney...

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginnings End...

I feel like I am just kind of existing. I have to take another step into the grown-up world. I don't have anyone to guide me. I will now be looking for a marathon training progam.. I will lead myself...

Maybe I should join the Running Room in Kingston...

I have another post saved as a draft that I am debating weather or not to publish...We'll see...

Cheers, from a Wayward Runner

Tiger

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Fill your schedules with races! Or just run because you luv too. It's all good :-) If you are serious about Disney, I'll talk to Dee Dee and see if you can room with us. We've already signed up! Not promising anything, but you never know!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home