Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rude Awakening




So, my body decided that it wanted to tell me something today.

It had been about 3 weeks since I had been on a structured running plan. Trying to build my base and finish off assignments, and eat healthfully.

I finished off my assignments. I guess that's important.

SO, this is what my body told me:

1. Tiger, you aren't eating right.
2. You're legs have lost a little muscle.
3. You're not drinking enough water.

So my action plan is quite simple. Start eating better.
A wise person that I once spoke to mentioned that how he works on his eating is to do it on a 30/70. So basically thats 3 free meals a week. That way I'm not torturing myself on a stupid diet, but I am still eating pretty healthy.

The legs I am not too worried about. I bounce back pretty quickly from stuff like this. Good thing my structured program doesn't start for 2 weeks. I'll be fine. back with even more speed. I don't really have any time goals for my half in September. Just basically trying to build a big base in between, and my major goal is to run a 1:35 half in May again. Which I am sure that I can accomplish with a lot of base training, tons of speed work and a lot of dedication.

Water again, is simple. Lots and lots and lots of water. Easy breezy. I can handle that.

So, this isn't gonna get me down! Im just gonna fix it.

Im glad I got this rude awakening.

Want to see my motivation???










See how many people are at the start line??? Im in there somewhere!!



That other pic is somewhere about 17km, where I had almost lost it. I am still hanging in there though


And this...This is my favorite picture of them all.
This is my triumphant finish line picture!!! The high that I got at the finish line was uncomparable to anything else I had ever experience!

I'll go with Joe on this one, I wouldn't trade that race for the world!

Tomorrow, I am off, away from home for the rest of the summer. Im so excited.

Love you mom!!

Take care guys, Ill keep you updated and will continue to follow your blogs!

Tiger

3 Comments:

At 6:14 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Some down time after your race is just what you needed! You will be bounce back like a star! Have a great summer :-)

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Those pictures ARE motivational! Gosh, a 1:35 half is going to be a challenge, but the way you smartly train it is definitely doable!

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Joe said...

Nice photos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home