Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Aftermath

So, friends, thanks for the birthday wishes.

On my birthday, I worked. After work, at about 8am we went to a staff party. We had vodka and pepsi. Apparently, after the first one I had a buzz. After the second one, I don't remember anything. We went in the hottub, and swimming, and again. It was pretty fun. I think. Except, looking at the pictures, I don't think that I should ever go back to work again. Ohh well. I probably wasn't the only one who was drunk.

Then, After the party we went to a bar/club called stages. (I was already longgg gone by then) I remember the drive there ( someone who was sober took us) and then being told not to talk, when the bouncer scanned my ID. I remember him saying Happy Birthday and the rest from there in is a blur. Apparently I dropped a drink, and then fully picked it back up to try and drink what was left. I also remember everything spinning. And I also remember meeting a guy from Austrailia...or the states...:S

Then, I got up 5 hours after I got home. I didn't eat breakfast. I didn't feel bad though. No headache, or nothing. I thought atfirst I might have still been drunk--But I didn't get hungover. I was told that I should get some grease into me, so we did that downtown,. I was just reaaallly tired, but didn't go to bed until 11 that night. My familiy came up from Toronto area to visit me. The buskars were in town, so I headed to see them, and spent 5 hours walking around downtown. We got home, and had dinner, and then we sat around, and chit chatted and laughed. Everyone else was drinking, but I definately didn't need anything else to drink. We stayed up late. I was tired. Overtired. They got a kick out of me mmy family did...

So, that's what is there.
Whats missing? The burn mark on my arm, and the explination behind all of the pictures...

I talked briefly to someone who went with me yesterday. Apparently, I made it very clear to everyone at the bar that I was a runner. Hmmm.

Speaking of running, I am definately looking at starting a more serious program. There is no way that I am going to be ready for Scotia or Toronto. I have been running basically for maintenance, (2-4 times a week, and they aren't the kind that are like normal runs. I haven't done a long run since the first weekend I got here, and I have been her for 3 weeks already. I have been doing tempo runs) I don't know why but I think it's just because I am completely beat and by the end of the day I can't stand. I have to overhaul nutrition and hydration and get back into this. (Not that I am out of it, I just have been running when I wanted to). I might run them for the distance and stuff, but not as a serious run. I think that Mr. Science teacher give me a run for my money though.

My aerobic capacity is pretty strong still, and my legs still have their base muscles, I'll get them back fast. This is hard, not being on familiar terrain...

So, now it's said. Since it's said, It is so....Keep me in line friends!

I got a new book from my birthday, "The Complete Book of Running" by Amby Burfoot. It's fantastic. I love it. And I got a gift card for the Running Room...New sunglasses and New Shirt, Here I come!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Glad you had a great time on your birthday! Vodka and Pepsi? Girl, we need to talk ;-)

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Alcohol, hot tubs and swimming can be a dangerous combination! Happy to hear you survived your birthday!!

Amby Burfoot's book "The Complete Book of Running" is EXCELLENT!!

You are now accountable to getting serious with your running! Start by making a sensible, but strenuous schedule for next week. Will monitor your progress here regularly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home