Saturday, July 28, 2007

Quick End of Week roundup

First off, I apologize for the lack of blogging this week. It has been busy.

On Tuesday, I went for a tempo run, and my foot/ankle kind of rolled over, and my ankle went one way and my knee went the other, so since then my knee has been bugging me. I got some ice on it right away, and has been bugging me since. I'm aiming for 12k tomorrow. Then back onto what I was going to do this week.

The blood donation didn't go as planned. I went in, and I wasn't hydrated well enough--(they pinched my hand)and apparently you are also supposed to eat your whole diet in snacks before you donate blood. SO. I am going to call back and book another appointment...later.

I got an email for another half marathon on labor day weekend, and I am tempted to do it...Yeah. Just for the hell of it!

Today, I went shopping with my Aunt. Sportcheck had a sale on. You buy one, get one free. So I got 2 full peice, sporty type bathing suits, from nike.

Partially for school, and partially to start training for a triathalon (it's not happening in september.)

So, swimmers, I must pick your brain--what kind of goggles should I buy? How much should I expect to spend on them?

3 Comments:

At 5:31 AM , Blogger Wes said...

I just spent 10 dollars (US) on the coolest set of clear Tyr goggles, so that should give you a ball park. Careful with that knee!!!

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

No need to apologize for lack of blogging this week as we all realize that "life happens!"

Those with ankles that roll often have repeated problems with it rolling again...be careful out there!

My wife donates blood and that's the part she hates...not being able to eat or drink beforehand.

You can't go wrong with NIKE products and getting 2 for 1 is a real steal!! Las Vegas has a NIKE Factory Store Outlet where I get most of my running items on the cheap.

You are a true diehard runner thinking about another half marathon just for the hell of it!!

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger The Lexicologist said...

I just donated blood on Friday and frankly I was surprised that my iron was high enough for them to take me. Of course, then I promptly disregarded the advice to avoid alcohol, caffeine, and exercise and: 1) Drank the rest of my iced coffee that I bought that morning; 2) Ran 4 miles that afternoon; 3) Had a couple beers to celebrate. :) Hope your knee feels better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home