Monday, February 19, 2007

Life

Ive decided that since I had a super weird dream last night, and its my 100th blog, that I would do a post about life.

First, the dream.

It was Mile 18 in my very first marathon, and this is about the place when a lot of people 'bonk' but not me, I was going strong. I looked down, after feeling a weird twinge in my leg, and I only had one leg. My right leg had been cut off run above my knee. I didnt think anything of it. As we made it to mile 19, I saw myself at University Graduation, Mile 20 was my wedding, and so on and so forth. At mile 26, I was on my deathbed. I looked down at my Garmin and instead of it reading Time/distance/pace, it read 98. I take this to be the age that I die. And then the .2 miles was my funeral. And nobody was there.
This is what I realize. Maybe I am going through life to fast. Focusing on the things that arent important, and ignoring the things that are, like family, friends, time out, etc.
It was kind of like a light bulb moment to me.

The marathon that we call life. We have to take time to enjoy it. Its so precious.

Life Just Isnt..

Life isnt about keepin score. its not about how many people call you and its not about who you've dated, are dating or havent dated at all. it isnt about who you've kissed, what sport you play, or which guy or girl likes you. its not about your shoes or your hair or the colour of your skin or where you live or go to school. in fact, its not about grades, money, clothes, or colleges that accept you or not. life isnt about if you have lots of friends, or if you are alone, and its not about how accepted or unaccepted you are. life just isnt about that..


But life is about who you love and who you hurt. its about how you feel about yourself. its about trust, happiness and compassion. its about sticking up for your friends and replacing inner hate with love. life is about avoiding jealousy, overcoming ignorance, and building confidence. its about what you say and what you mean. its about seeing people for who they are and not what they have. most of all, its about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otehrwise. these choice are what life's about..

The things that running makes you think about.
Enjoy the Marathon
Tiger

1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

I've seen this bumper sticker on many cars, "Who dies with the most toys wins!" Sad isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home