Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I spoke too soon

In my last post I said something along the lines of Oh, It has cooled down a lot...

Well dag nammit, Itt was hot and muggy and stupid again today. I decided that instead of the normal outdoor running I would resort to the treadmill.

I had a headache all morning, and I walked to the gym. (40 min walk).
I warmed up nice and slow. Then did 15 minutes of steady running, having the treadmill set at 8.o or something like that.

Then I got off, and tried the bike. Managed 15 minutes on that, on level 15 hill cycle, avg pace was 23.4 miles per hour.

Not a great workout. I felt like crap. I got on the bus, and still felt like crap. I came home, had a glass of water, and then a nap. I still feel like crap. I don't think it's the heat. I have this shaky body thing going on. I think I am getting sick. It sucks. I just want to run. I have been pretty healthy this summer though...

I will now go to sleep, and attempt to not wallow in self-pity.

Tiger*

4 Comments:

At 7:08 PM , Blogger Tom@RunnersLounge said...

No, it's not you, it's the heat. You really got it bad there--hot, muggy, AND Stupid...

I admire your choice to not wallow in pity...

Hope things turn around...

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Hope you feel better, Tiger. The heat will play havoc with your body...

 
At 2:41 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

You've had problems with the heat in the past, therefore drink plenty of fluids...eat lots of fruit too as it's good for you and also supplies you with more liquids. When it gets hot here in Vegas, I'll lose my appetite, not eat, and end up feeling like crap; I literally have to force myself to eat.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Joe said...

> I took advil before the run

Careful! By all means, take advil after your run but not before. The pain will keep you from pushing too hard and making things worse.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home