Thursday, November 06, 2008

Time For A Change

Things around this blog are changing. I would like to make my own template and one of those cool personalized headers, and since my school is on strike, I'm working on it. You can watch the butterfly for now though.

I could get all philisphical and tell you that the butterfly represents who I am, but reallyyy the butterfly is who I want to be. Free and confident and beautiful. We'll have one of those philisophical conversations later...

On the life front, I am now attending the Landmark Excellence Seminar. During the last seminar we were asked to create things that we are committed to creating for ourselves in the seminar. Then, they asked 16 people to step up and be group leaders for the seminar. This will help me with my leadership skills. How cool. That's only been holding me back for 5 and a half years.

Since I can't tell you guys in person, I will tell you on my blog.

  • I am committed to becoming the person that can walk into a room and light it up.
  • I am committed to being confident in everything I do. I'm sure this will help with the leadership stuff too.
  • I am committed to being persistant in everything. Push the envelope I guess. One of my downfalls is if something (running aside) I just kind of let it be.
On the running/tri-ing front, I have run twice. One wicked 8km run with Super Dano, and a 3k run/walk with G.

I have had some good breathing days and some bad breathing days. It's pretty much hit and miss, but this is another set-back, and its not gonna get me down! (Look at that new attitude already!:) I plan on getting my bum in the water tomorrow. I'll even take a picture. I got a swim cap and goggles too!

So, since I'm tired, I'll leave you with a quote:

"There is no limit to what you can imagine. And with commitment, with
effort, what you can imagine you can become. Put your mind to work for you.
Believe that you can do it. The world will tell you that you can't. Yet, in your
belief you'll find the strength, you'll find the ability, to do it anyway."
Ralph Marston

10 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

love the look and can't wait to see what you come up with next! Funny, cuz i totally revamped mine today too! hmmm, guess we both needed a change. :)

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

I love your new layout! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

It sounds like you are getting so much out of this seminar. Soak it up!

 
At 6:13 AM , Blogger Jess said...

The new look is great!

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger Wes said...

This one is kinda cool. I can't wait to see your own though :-)

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger BeachRunner said...

Great new look. Sounds like you have alot of exciting things planned. The future will be bright.

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

woah nice blog layout..

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Marci said...

I love your new look. I love your philosophical posts. Your future will be bright and IRON clad!

 
At 2:15 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Butterflies are free!! You're a free spirit and your blog reflects that. I've visited several blogs lately that have changed the layouts, maybe I should do the same if I can find the time.

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger yumke said...

Nice template -- and good to spend downtime on fun things.

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Mama Squirrel said...

Emily, are you originally from Cambridge?

If you are--you won't remember me, but please know that I've thought about you many times over the years. I was close to your family when you were very small (used to babysit you sometimes). I always knew you'd turn out to be something special.

(If by chance I don't have the right person--I enjoyed looking through your blog anyway! Best of luck with your running.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home