Friday, October 17, 2008

All expos should have race socks.

I *heart* running expos.

I just got back from the Toronto Marathon Expo. I totally planned on going in and getting something from the jewellery store, some Dirty Girl undies and a Marathon Girl shirt.

However, this expo was wayyyyyy smaller than the Scotiabank Marathon Expo.


Instead, I wandered around aimlessly, and picked up some e-load tablets. I thought I was going to get out of there without spending money, until I found a booth with Katherine Switzer and Roger Robinson were sitting at a table, with a bunch of the books 26.2 Marathon Stories.

They were signing books, and since I couldn't find the other things I had come for, I decided that I wanted a book too. And they signed it. On the inside of the book, they wrote:

For Tiger,
In celebration of your first marathon, Scotiabank 2008, and many more to come. Welcome to the greatest sport!

And before I left, I gave Katherine Switzer a hug. For those of you who don't know who she is, CLICK THE LINK! She was in Spirit of the marathon and the first woman to officially run in the event. She finished in 4:20, and she was 20 years old, so I've decided that there is still hope for me. Katherine Switzer has her own book and as soon as I finish the 4 I have going, I'll start that one.

It was a really neat expo experience, but I have decided that every single race needs race socks. This one didn't have them and I was a little disappointed, considering there was a plethora of other 'official race merchandise'.

In other race news, I went for a run yesterday.

My legs are feeling incredibly fresh. I could be running 4 minute kilometers. Seriously. My lungs, however are disagreeing with the whole concept of running, and I had to stop and hack up a lung several times throughout the 3ish kilometer run. So we'll see how it goes.

I'm pretty excited about winging it. Seriously.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO'S RACING THIS WEEKEND!! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR RACE REPORTS;)

I *h e a r t* race reports!:)

Talk to you Monday sunshines:)

Tigrrr

5 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like it turned out to be a great expo! How fortunate to meet some running celebs!

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Marci said...

Hi Tiger,
Good luck and maybe see you at the finish. Hubs is running the full.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Glad you are well recovered! Expos are da bomb!!

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Marianne said...

Ah Emily! You lucky $#%!!!! I'm SO jealous!!! :O) No sock in Canada, eh? hehehe (yeah, I agree with you though!) BTW - come back to the forum!
Marianne

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger chia said...

SO green with envy, how fantastic to meet such legends!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home