Saturday, September 27, 2008

Check, Check and Check

I have to run a marathon tomorrow. I'm talking 26.2 miles. I'm talking 42.2km. I'm talking a hell of a long way.

I'm running a marathon. Holy bjeebers. I have no coherent thoughts, so I'm just going to mentally go through the checklists (by writing them down on my blog) and then going to say "Farewell" until after I have run.

  • Checklists completed: CHECK
  • Bib and chip attatched: CHECK
  • Close laid out-CHECK
  • Mantras written down on arm: almost CHECK
  • Playlists Made: CHECK
  • Water into me: CHECK
  • Post Race Bag packed: CHECK
  • Mental ready: not soo much

Tomorrows the day. The day I've been waiting for since I started training. I feel like I've done my training and I'm as ready as I ever will be.

Here is the goal, one more time, in writing:

I am going to finish, with nothing left. I want to know that I gave it 190% and couldn't have done anything differently, I will be happy.

So there it is! I'm doing it. This is it!

Lots of pictures to come, but no time to post them now.

I had the privelege of meeting Marci, Marlene and Laurel today! IT was so neat to meet you ladies in person! And apparently, we're all honorary WOO-HOOS!

I bet you're all jealous. You should be :)

This is all you'll hear from me til it's over! My bib number is 1634. You can track me if you want on : www.sportstats.ca -Emily Letourneau.

See you on the flip side

8 Comments:

At 7:02 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

Ahhh, good luck tomorrow! You are sooo ready!

 
At 4:04 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

Best of luck to you. This is YOUR day!

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Hope everything was a success!

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Marcy said...

CONGRATS CHICA!!! ;D ;D

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Marlene said...

Emily, it was so great meeting you yesterday. You're a great kid. :) I am honestly in awe of everything you do.

CONGRATULATIONS! You're a marathoner. Amazing! Can't wait to read about your race.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Congratulations Emily!! I'm sorry I didn't see you come in, but job WELL DONE!! Woo Hoo! (we can say that now :)!)

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

congrats on finishing your first marathon! too bad i didn't get a chance to meet you... but job well done!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

congrats on finishing your first marathon! too bad i didn't get a chance to meet you... but job well done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home