Monday, September 15, 2008

Zooom

As can be noted by the last post, I have developed the one track race mind. I told a few people I would make them personalized training programs (Practicing what I know/what I'm learning) and they read more like a short novel than a training program!

I love how busy life is. It makes time fly by. Zooooooom (just a fun, childish word that I like to use never)

This week I'm deciding on my outfit (almost picked out), my race playlist, the order I'm running my race in (as in, for whom), and my race strategy. Come Monday next week I will begin packing my bag (because the week is crazy).

I bought the Last Lecture. And read it. Twice. And cried both times (and as you guys have been told that doesn't happen often so it's gotta be good). It's a heart-wrenching story and it makes you think.

I'm thinking about my childhood dreams and about the things that are going to make me truly happy. As soon as I figure them out, I'll put them into action. And you'll hear all about them (along with the running. Who knows, maybe on a run it'll trigger a childhood dream and you'll get a 4 pg blog entry about it. But if that happens I promise to write it in installments so it's tolerable!). The other book that I'm reading is called "Embracing Uncertainty" and it's basically how not to worry. The book, along with the fabulous people that I am priveledged to work with (their positive attitudes are contagious you know) helped me get through what (in my mind) was a really difficult week. Just stuff going on that worries me for reasons that make no sense.It's tough passing those big dates though. You know the ones when your whole life changes in an instant and you have no control over it?

Back to my one track mind:


We had to draw a picture in paint for one of my classes to get us used to the the programs and stuff.


I thought I would show it to you! So without further ado, here is what I pay $5000 a year to learn (Not really):



You guys might be getting a post once a day from now on, becaues my family and friends are sick of hearing about it and we're still 2 weeks out! (Well actually as of right now, we're 12 days, 13hrs and 22 minutes from race day!)

I'll be back commenting on blogs when I find a plug. Or go home. Or come to school 4hrs early tomorrow to fill out documents.

2 Comments:

At 6:25 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It's good to see you're so excited about the race!

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Gotta Run..... said...

Love the art work... too cute!

The entire reason that I blog is because those around me are SICK of hearing about my running. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home