Saturday, August 23, 2008

On Life, Running, Goals and the Olympics

So, first an update on this letting go bit: It sucks. I'm being bombarded with feelings and issues that I don't want to ever deal with and I'm pretty close to a breaking point. It's verrryyy hard being 'happy' some days when all I want to do is curl up into a ball and sleep forever. But that's not productive or going to help at all. I'm being brave. And I'm not like her. I do have a best friend who's pretty good at helping distract me though. I just want it to be over.

That's all I'm saying about that for awhile.

Now, onto the running stuff.

1) I'm tired, and ready to taper. I'm also not sure I want to do a marathon. Holy man guys, it's in like 35 days. The 'what if's' are already starting. No fun. I only have 2 more long runs until taper time, so I'm gonna make the most of them. I also need to pick out my bra top soon. Woohoo.

2) I cannot find the charger for my Garmin anywhere. I'm starting to get bothered. I wonder if I can order one on e-bay or something. It's the cradle part I'm missing, not the thing that plugs into the wall. Boo. I'm borrowing my mothers until I find mine.

3) Canada kicked ass in the men's triathalon. It was intense and amazing and I loved it. Seriously. The last 10 minutes when Simon Whitfeild fell behind and then kicked it about 200m from the end, apparently too soon because Fronando came out of nowhere!! Intense, I tell you, just intense.

So, my goals for this week:

1) Catch up with your blogs.
2) Spend the day with mom on Tuesday. It's been awhile since we've had one of those days.
3) Not breakdown
4) Run 5 times, once to Oakville! (but I will start closer)
5) Ride my bike to Oakville or downtown Toronto. Either works, just depends on my mood/time...

These blogs are getting shorter and shorter. Just over a week until school starts! I can't wait!!!:)

10 Comments:

At 4:42 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Hey Em,

Those long runs are definitely crazy :). I am starting to build those up. Dang...running to Oakville...not a bad idea...

Mississauga is too small for me to do a long run.

I will see u at Lakeshore..I am going ot do a half with my friend. :)

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Jess said...

You're just suffering some from "marathon fatigue"; when you taper, you'll have the time and energy to feel better about the marathon.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

You'll be in a better headspace when you get back to classes...as for the marathon, you are MORE than ready, worse case, you do the Half with us old chicks, we'd love to have you with us!!!

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

You're a busy girl. Like Jess said, once you get into taper, things will start to feel better and look clearer. *hugs*

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Think things through chica! 90% of what we worry about never comes to pass. Hang in there!!!

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Running to another city - there's an idea! I've been doing repetitive 10K loops her ein Newmarket and it's starting to make me crazy! :p 5 weeks to go!

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Gotta Run..... said...

So close to taper time. Hang in there.

Sounds wonderful writing your goals down. it makes it more real.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Nitmos said...

You've come so far may as well stick it out and enjoy your marathon finish line.

 
At 6:24 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

33 days... wow. It's daunting, isn't it? But we can do this!

Enjoy the day with your Mom and have a good week.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Marci said...

You've come this far, the race will be worth it. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home