Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And now we return...

to our regularly scheduled programming.

I'm thinking that it's time to update you guys on the stuff you really care about: Running. and biking. and all things athletic.

Excuse my poor spelling, lack of punctuation and all that other good jazz. (it's late).
And since it's late, I'm going to do it all in the form of bullets.

  • Running has been okay. Tough run Sunday. 32k. Sat down infront of the fire station and was wondering what the heck I was doing, running this far.
  • Today, was going to run 25, hop on bus and get to my clinic. I was running to Oakville. The run was very good. I felt relatively strong, despite some serious GI issues (I think my body is just tired.) It, however, was not the 25km I had originally planned it to be...It was 31km. So...yeah. I was wayyy off time. And to top that off, I stopped more than 4 times to use the washroom (not going to go into details, but think of your classics and I had 'em). Then stopped 2 more times while waiting for the bus. (I'm starting to think that it was more what my mother is suffering with, rather than GI issues. They still haven't gone away....
  • I was in a bike crash the other day. I was riding to work, down one of the main roads, and I was thinking that I was going to ride to work all the way on the road. I was less than a mile from my house when the curb turns into a right hand turn lane. I, being the road smart rider I am, stayed riding on the line. And then people started passing me from every which way. I'm talking going into the turn lane, and coming back infront of me...

    Then the light turned red, and I stopped but couldn't get my foot out of the trap pedal. And my bike and I fell into the right hand turn lane. I'm greatful that the car behind me (oncoming) wasn't on a cell phone, because I might've been toast.

    Now, I've said before, if I ever fell off my bike, I was going to never get back on it. But I fell of my bike in the middle of the road, got up, and finished riding (albeit veryyyy slowly on sidewalks) to work.

    I was lucky, and escaped with only a bloody ankle, road rash on my legs and a verrryy sore arm (because you know how it is when you're falling, you put your arm out to break your fall).

So those are my big stories. I'll catch up soon guys.
So much to read, so little time!

6 Comments:

At 6:52 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Sounds a lot less embarrassing than some of my crashes :-) Glad you are OK!! Never surrender!!!! SPAAAAAAAAAARTA!!

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Darren said...

Tiger,
Falling while wearing your bike happens to *everyone*! Sure it sucks, sure it's embarassing - c'est la vie. Get back on that sucker and ride the snot out of it!!
:)

Cheers.

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Good to hear you were okay after the bike crash and you were able to get back on and finish the ride.

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Gotta Run..... said...

So glad that you are ok from your bike crash. It has happened to me and I just got right back on.....slowly... :)

 
At 4:06 AM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Whoa, that sounds nasty...

Must be time to taper soon, not much longer till your marathon girlie....

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Tiger i am glad your OK!! Be careful out there!!

M

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home