Friday, September 19, 2008

Obsession?



Maybe? I'm thinking so.

I've got list. 3 pages of lists of things I need to do before the race this week. As in before Sunday. I've gotta do all the petty little stuff like creating a race playlist, figuring out and re-figuring out the order I'm going to run in, picking out and purchasing race outfit. Making sure that I have run in it atleast twice before the race.

After I completed those lists, I made lists of what I need to pack:

Race Bag

  • Clean underwear and bra
  • Pants
  • Tank
  • Warm long sleeve top
  • Sweater
  • Flip Flops
  • Hair Brush
  • Something to wash my face with
  • Kleenex
  • Cellphone
  • Jacket
  • Cell phone and camera batteries

Race Clothes to be set on bed the night before:

  • Outfit yet to be decided (shorts, top and bra)
  • Socks (that I've worn before)
  • Running shoes with chip attatched
  • Race bib attatched to bib holder
  • Gels pinned to race belt
  • Garmin (charged)
  • Body Glide/vasoline
  • deoderant (I don't want to be the smelly runner)
  • permanent marker (to write race order on self, as well as mantras)
  • Camera (to be decided)
  • Long sleeved cotton shirt I'll throw away
  • 1 bottle of gatorade for morning of
  • 1 bottle of water

I have decided in order to be space efficient, that I'll be writing my mantras on my arms. This way I'll can read them and remember them without having to take out annoying paper and what not. The race order will also be written on my arms.

Race bag will be packed Friday night. Race clothes will be set out Friday night. On top of my race clothes and race bags I will put out cardstock checklists.

Example:

Before you go to bed:

  • Is your garmin charged
  • Is your ipod charged
  • Is your water set out
  • Have you checked your race clothes sitting out? Has anybody touched them?

On the Door before going outside:

  • Do you have everything that is on both checklists?
  • Have you eaten breakfast?
  • Have you gone to the washroom?
  • Is it before 5:30am?

Yeah. This might be bordering CDO (like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order like they should be).

I have also been having a 'bipolar taper'. My mood changes 3 times in 10 minutes. My moms not too impressed with this though. lol.

So that's my life right now. Next week is so so soo busy!!!! I'm so excited for the busy-ness though!!!

Catch up with you all later today!

5 Comments:

At 11:47 AM , Blogger Gotta Run..... said...

Now I thought I was a planner. You TAKE THE CAKE GIRL!!!!

Enjoy your last week countdown.

Cheers to a great taper week!

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Marlene said...

Thanks for the lists - I'll use them to create mine! GOod idea with the little reminder cards for morning-of.

It may be OCD/CDO - but anything for peace of mind, right?

(and make sure you take a pic of your marked up arms for us!)

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Wes said...

LOL. You must be tapering ;-)

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Jess said...

The lists must provide some sense of order, right?

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Tanya said...

CDO-lol! (maybe that should be llo!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home