Monday, October 06, 2008

Good Morning World!

I was MIA for the past couple of days, for a few reasons.
One, I was incredibly busy, and not able to get to the computer, and two because I was attending the Landmark Forum.

This post will be dedicated specifically for the forum, because it deserves it's own post. For those of you who are bored with my life breakthroughs, there is a running post coming in the next couple of days.

First a breif intro to the landmark forum. Basically you learn how to live your life powerfully and live a life you love. They work on the theory that we are stuck somewhere in life, you get rid of your past and create possibilities for a new future. Or something like that.

Day 1

You go in on the first day, and you make a committment to show up on time, stay awake and participate 100% authentically. The first day you're bombarded with information, and are forced to meet people during your break. Deal. You do assignments with people and come back and share them. There's a guy at the front of the room, and they seem pretty mean, and never back down, but they help you get breakthroughs. Seriously.

I went home the first night completely overwhelmed with the amount of information that I, being human, needed to process. It was pretty stressful to be honest. After a quick phonecall with the person who told me about the forum, she suggested I do my forum homework, have a shower and go to bed. Got it.

Day 2

9am the next morning you retreat back to the room. Nobody tells you how intense this day is going to be. You write a letter to someone in your life, you enroll someone in the possibility you've created for your life and you basically find out where your stuck. All within like 11hours. My experience was that I was stuck as a 12 year old, based on all the crap that went down then. What I made my life mean was that everyone important will leave me, so I need to grow up and be independent. But grow up I did not.

I ended up getting up and sharing the letter with the group about the person in my life (who I'm not going to name) and sat down and cried for two hours. After the second break, we did an exercise on fear. You basically feel the fear that you pretend you don't have. And it sucks. I ended up a sobbing ball of nothingness. And then the resistance takes over and I can't feel anything. I don't remember too much of the rest of the night, not sure why.

I ended up lying in bed for a few hours, and calling the person that I heard about it from (at some ungodly hour like 1:30 and she answered the phone. Bless her heart.) I don't remember much of the phone conversation either. I just remembered her saying that I was strong (mentioned the marathon thing) and that this wasn't supposed to be easy and it may not be easy for the rest of the days but she was glad I was doing it at such a young age.

Day 3

More tough stuff. Joy. Didn't eat on the first break, had a quick bite on the second. After the second they tell us this profound insightful stuff, that allows us to live an empowered, happy, authentic life full of integrity. It was pretty amazing. That night the graduates came and sit with you for the rest of the forum, and by the time I saw her I was pretty much floating on top of the world. I felt 15lbs lighter. Completely amazing.

I was pretty resistant before I went. If you google it, you will find some negative things about the forum, but none of it is true. Honestly.
The world looks a little clearer this morning. The sun is shining a little brighter. Life is even more exciting than its ever been.

And I get to redo my goals.

There are forums all over the world. The prices are different but it is worth every penny. Go to a Tuesday night session and make the decision for yourself. I'm definately not saying that you should do it if you don't want to, this is just what happened for me:) I'm pretty happy with the results!

I am standing for a life of love, a life of possibility and a life of living my word.

What do you stand for?

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM , Blogger Wes said...

There's nothing wrong with breaking out into a new perspective on life, as long as its an independent perspective :-)

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Sounds like an intense experience! I'm glad that you got so much out of it. Do you think running your marathon made you see things clearer? I have never gone to such an event, but I swear I saw things "clearer" (for lack of a better expression), after my first marathon. Anyway, good for you!

 
At 5:24 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

So glad you had such a positive, enlightening experience overall. I've never heard of this before, but it sounds interesting.

Keep smiling, Tigrr!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home