Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Boo.

Spectating sucked. But it's what had to be done.

But I'd like to think I'm a good coach cause all of my people who ran finished, most acheived their time goals and a few even obtained PRs.

I went to work after spectating and felt like bum and couldn't stop coughing. Some random man (Who I am assuming was a doctor) asked me what my name is and then he said "You need to leave work and go to the hospital right now, you have pneumonia and you could die"

I, of course, didn't listen to him, however I did end up going to the Walk In Clinic yesterday. When I blew into the peak flow thing, it was yellow (It's like a stop light--green is good, yellow is not so great and red is bad). Then I saw the doctor who heard "crackling" and told me I have pneumonia. Small world, huh?

Sent home with a heavy duty prescription, 2 puffers and orders to rest. I always find with antibiotics that i feel worse before I feel better. And I totally can't breathe. And its frustrating. And now I get to go and write an exam doped up.

Woohoo. We'll see how that goes.

I'll be back when I have something to write about--until then I'll be lurking and commenting on your blogs. Congrats to those who ran a race this weekend. I expect timely race reports from you all. :)

12 Comments:

At 8:11 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

YUCKERS. Hope you get better quick. ((HUGS!))

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Erik said...

Good idea on not running. That could have been BAD!

Hope you get to feeling better.

E

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Feel better soon.

You know they say that laughter is the best medicine so after you ace your exam, rent some bad random 80s comedies and chill!

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Very smart move. It is really hard to give up on something that you have trained so hard for, but with something like Pneumonia you can not mess around. And running is out of the question.

So, get better soon and there will be plenty of other races down the road.

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Wes said...

I do some of my best work on drugs ;-) Shhhhh!!!

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Good call on skipping the race if you had pneumonia! Take the drugs and rest up!

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger yumke said...

Ultimately a very good thing you didn't race. Don't want to do long term damage. There will be other races. Yes, us runners are stubborn folk!

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

feel better soon, and good luck on the exam if not already written! :)

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at! (sorry for the pun, couldn't help myself)

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Frayed Laces said...

YUCK! I had that in high school and was on my ass for 2 weeks. Please, please please take care of yourself, k?

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Rest up and take care of yourself. Thank goodness you listened to your body and didn't run!

 
At 6:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry you got sick before your race. Rest up and get well so you can run in the future. Pneumonia is nothing to mess with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home