Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sometimes the Right Decisions...

Are the hardest ones to make.

I'm not going to be running the Half Marathon today. It's 12:42 am, and it's the second time I've woken up because I haven't been able to breathe.

This is going to make for one Grumpy Tiger though. I dropped $85 bucks on this things. And I would have run it. Realllyyy. But then those silly people who love me acted as the voice of reason. And there were tears (and I don't cry, remember) and frustrations (I think I was pretty not nice) and the decision I had made before leaving work tonight was that I would run, and listen to my body. If I didn't finish, it would be fine. But if I'm laying down in bed and am waking up because I can't breathe, I'm not sure running is a good idea.

I will be going to the race course tomorrow to support my friends and people in my running clinic that are running. Thats right. I'm going to NOT run but I am still getting up at 5am to go and support my friends reach their goals.

So here I am; not able to breathe, $85 poorer, and pretttttttyyy grumpy.

The right decision sucks. And so does the voice of reason.

Grrrrrr
:(

11 Comments:

At 2:17 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Sorry Tigrr! I'd be bummed too, but it sounds like the RIGHT choice. :(

Come run the Hamilton Half on Nov. 2nd... it's FLAT!

 
At 4:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am really sorry you weren't able to run it after all!
Just try to move on now, there is always a next time!

 
At 6:18 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Do you have asthma? Why can't you breathe? Poor thing, don't sweat missing the race; these things happen, and you have to take care of your health. There's always next year.

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger Leah said...

What a tough decision for sure. But, you made the right one I think because breathing is kinda important (understatement?!).

I was/am contemplating the same decision regarding my upcoming race. I have a touch of asthma & this is the very worst time of year for 'breathing'.

Have fun at the race!

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

You're right. Sometimes the right decisions are the hardest ones to make. I hear your frustration, but you made a good choice.

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Wes said...

On top of all that, at LEAST you aren't hard headed and dumb :-)

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger robison52 said...

Such a hard tough decision, a very mature and responsible choice, one I would hope to have made in your circumstances.

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Sometimes the best race is the one you walk away from.

Smart decision on your end. 85 bucks ain't nothing..u can get that back easily..

rest up :) btw..i will put up my race report in a bit....a bit tired of running after 42 km

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Tanya said...

Sorry you missed the race, but there will be lots of races in your future. Breathing is a good thing. And what a great friend, to get up at that hour to support your friends-major kudos to you!

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Marci said...

You definately made the right decision, especially after reading your FB status. Rest up and take it easy!!

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Nitmos said...

The loss of $85 stinks but there are many other races and events always coming up. Take heart. And money is just...money.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home