Sunday, November 02, 2008

Let Me Tell You About My Day~

It was fantastic.
It started out rough. I was exhausted, despite the one hour of extra sleep we get.
Still, I got up and went down to the Port Credit running room, to visit the people I had missed for so long. Turns out a lot of them weren't there. I didn't recognize many people, which was a little disappointed.

It only got worse from there--since I'm still not in any shape to run (YAY For uncontrolled asthma, and inhalers about 6 times a day!), I went for a walk with my mom. Now, it was a nice little walk we had, and we had Second Cup muffins for breakfast afterwards, but having to walk when many many people around me are running was really rough. I came home and napped for an hour or so before I had to go to work, and was feeling really sluggish, and low energy. However, as soon as I went into work (cause I have the best job in the world, remember?) I perked up a little bit.

As my day at work went on, despite my energy levels shrinking, I met some wickedly cool people. I would just like to tell you about one wicked person I met today. She asked for help finding a running jacket. My obvious next question is: How far do you run? I find out she's doing the Around the Bay, and the Muskoka Half Ironman all leading up to Lake Placid 2010!

How freaking cool. She then tells me that if you want to volunteer (so you can line up and sign up), you need to do so in January, because the spots apparently fill up very quickly. I feel like this is all just meant to be. She lives in my general area, so she gave me her card so we can keep in touch. This realllyyyy lifted my spirits. I thought it was the neatest thing in the world, and pretty much smiled the rest of the day. (which is good cause I haven't smiled in awhile--like that atleast).

So I had a pretty wicked day. And I'm excited about getting into this new lifestyle. I'm getting up and hoping to do some form of exercise (sit-ups and pushups maybe?), but the type of exercise is to be determined based on how well I can breathe in the morning.

My week at a glance:

Landmark Seminar Series Starts tomorrow and is on Monday nights for awhile (from 7-10). My seminars are on Excellence and I'm pretty much excited about it:)

Tuesday I work

Wednesday I have a walk/run date with my best running buddy super Danielle. I'm also hoping to go to hot yoga afterwards, but again, that determines on the situation of my health. :) (Sorry Wes, I can't hang out under my blanket by the fire anymore!:P)

Thursday I have an anatomy exam on the cat. Providing my school doesn't strike. Secretly (and not so secretly) i just want them to strike for a week. Thennn I can' catch up.

Friday: Another written anatomy exam. Woohoo.

Since anatomy is hard, I'll only be lurking (as best I can) until Thursday or Friday (Depending on the situation).

NOWWWWW there are some people out there that need congratulations.

WES finished his first Ironman on Saturday Evening.
Marci: Shaved 6 minutes of her last marathon time, and became a marathon maniac all in the same weekend. Note: She ran another marathon last weekend.
Marlene: Killed her Half Marathon PR on very little training since the full.
Ryan: KILLLEDDD Ironman Florida this weekend
and
Robin: Who finished more than two marathons at the same time (54 miles) in 11:25!

You all deserve lots of rest, and recovery and to eat whatever you want!:o) You are my inspiration and my heros!

And now I leave you my blogger family with a quote:

Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be.

Karen Ravn

Think about it:)

Tiger

7 Comments:

At 4:40 AM , Blogger Marci said...

Aw thanks! I can't wait to read all about your training for your ironman. I want to do one someday (maybe in 5 years or so). Good for you for taking it on at such an early age!

 
At 5:00 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It's hard to sit on the diselines while others run, I know, but you'll be fully recovered from illness soon and will be able to rejoin the runners before you know it!

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Thanks Tiger! So sweet. :D

So awesome that you met someone aiming for your Ironman!

Keep taking care of yourself and remember that there are lots of exciting things in your future.

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger BeachRunner said...

That IS a fantastic day!! Sorry to hear about your breathing issues, but it sounds like you will recover from that setback soon. I like your plan in your last post and have to thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to following your progress here.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Tiger!!

Thank you so much for your support and strength you shared this weekend. It meant so much to me. I am still working my way backwards to get to your goals for the future, but rumor has it you *might* want to do an Ironman. I already know that nobody can tell you that you can't do something. You don't tell yourself either. You can do great things if you believe.

I'm delighted you are feeling better. Rock on Tiger!!

 
At 6:24 AM , Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Yeah, it's tough to walk by runners.

And SIGN UP!! It'll be a blast!

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Gotta Run..... said...

WOW... what an awesome shout-out!!! Our bodies can do amzing things when we push it.

LOVE THE QUOTE.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home