Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NEXT BIG GOAL!

Hey Friends!

So, I've decided, based on your feedback, that I might have a PRB. And I like this because it all fits into a tidy little package and explains the me not feeling like me, stuff. To that effect, I have decided to re-look at my goals. Well, I'm actually looking at them for work,but I was going to leave the fitness goals.

I was starting to feel better. Apparently, though, I jumped way back into life way too fast, and my body is exhausted. My breathing is fine during most of the day when I'm relaxing and not doing too much but by the end of the day, it gets tough. And by the end of the day I couldn't breathe, and I was at work, and for someone like me, that's mortifying. I hate that it's breaking me down.

But it no longer will. Because, I'm planning! :)

I've made a timeline. What for, you may ask????

IRONMAN LAKE PLACID!

Yes. See look. I wrote it down. On the internet. Which means that all of you lovely people are going to keep me accountable...for what may be the longest training EVER! See, I'm not doing this years Ironman Lake Placid (See, I said it again). This year is going to be focused on learning to swim, and building a base on my bike (inside). I'll run halfs for awhile, do a half Ironman (just throwing that word around, I think). Then, hopefully, I will run the Scotia full again. Of course, I'm still doing ATB, but I think I'm going to cut back on the running races and focus on this Ironman (at the advice of Cliff).

THE TIMELINE

Monday November 3rd 2008 until April:

  • Get this breathing stuff under control
  • Buy a bike trainer
  • Learn how to swim
  • Get aerobars and clipless pedals and shoes
  • Start to figure out the Nutrition Thing
  • Eat 70/30 -70 percent good, and 30 percent not so good
  • Build running, swimming and cycling base.
  • Run Around the Bay Road Race

April to July

  • Peak for training
  • 2 half marathons in May--One for training, one to race.
  • Olympic Tri that I haven't found yet, just for training, and getting used to transitions and stuff. Maybe even the Muskoka Long Course.
  • The Half Ironman is in July (just after/before I turn 21)
  • Go to Lake Placid and Volunteer. Then sign up for IM Lake Placid the next day.
  • Have the nutrition NAILED!
  • Be very very particular about what goes in my mouth

July to January

  • Run Scotia
  • Continue to build large base. Cliff said to take it easy.
  • Have a base of 90miles biking, 24miles running and 3 miles swimming (I know it's only 2.4 miles in the water BUT it's open water so I'm sure it's going to be harder)
  • Do one or 2 hard workouts in each category each week, keep the rest of it easy.
  • Strength training 3x/week

January to July 1st

  • Ramp it up. Hard workouts in all three areas.
  • Run shorter races (HM, short tri's) as speed work and preperation.
  • Lots of long stuff--rides and runs
  • Very healthy eating

July 1st to IM Time

  • Make lists
  • eat healthy
  • don't get sick
  • shorter rides and stuff

So, I'll figure out an actual training plan soon. I still have to learn how to breathe again, but I have something to look forward to and something to get excited about. So those are my big goals. And I'm throwing them out there, cause I know you guys care:)

Good luck to WES and RYAN just incase I don't get to post before they do their IRONMAN on Saturday.

They might just be my inspiration:)

I also think you all need to go read www.fatcyclist.com even if you haven't been following his story.

10 Comments:

At 5:16 AM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

whoa! you're so ambitious -- that's awesome. i want to do a sprint tri next spring/summer, but i'm nowhere near your goals yet :) good luck with your training... ya, i've been reading fatcyclist too... i can't even begin to imagine...

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

WOOHOO TIGER!

I absolutely love how ambitious you are and we all know you can totally do it. Who ever would have thought you'd run a marathon?

Can't wait to hear about your journey. Now GET BETTER!

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger chia said...

ChiaQuote: "I would so do an IM if only it weren't for all that pesky swimming stuff."

You're hardcore dude... and very well thought out plan there! Happy training!

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Julianne said...

Wow, that is an amazing plan! You've been thinking about this, I can tell! ;-)

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger yumke said...

Congrats on choosing the IM. It takes true guts to even think of it, even more to embark on the road toward training for one..

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Cliff gives too much advice!

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations. You are SOOOOOO going to do this!

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Frayed Laces said...

Wow, super ambitious! Good luck!

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - you're really looking ahead. Now go make it happen!!

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I love all this ambition! Nice!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home