Sunday, October 26, 2008

How I'm Doing...

I am absolutely exhausted. Beat. Tired.
I feel like I've been hit by a truck.
I thought--since I'm a 20 y/o marathoner, that I could jump right back into life after being treated for pnuemonia for about 5 days.

YEAH RIGHT! I worked yesterday, and it was quite a shock to my tired system to be on my feet for 10hrs instead of in my bed. I went home naseous, with blue fingernails and barely able to breathe (despite taking my puffer 6x). Promptly fell asleep.

Today: Pretty much the same thing. Had intense problems breathing. Did meet two Ironman people and got pretty excited. Speaking of Ironman, Wes will be completing one in about 6 days. Anyways, By 3:30 I was ready to pass out and die, however, I managed to make it through the rest of the day, without too many people catching on.

NOW: I'm thinking about running. Because I haven't run in a month. I'm making two people a Running Plan (and pretty folder), and making a board for work.

NOT SO COOL STUFF: For a girl who never cries, I've been crying a lot. I'm sure it must be the lack of running. Positive. But it doesn't mean its not frustrating.
My schools Teacher's Assisstants, and janitors and stuff might go on strike. We find out next Sunday. If they do, that means there is no class. Last time they went on strike for 72 days. The strike is apparently scheduled for 11 weeks. That would be frustrating.

COOL NOTES: Met a woman today who ran a half a year ago, and we got to talking and I told her about the marathon and stuff, and she got really excited. After she finished trying on clothes, I asked her when her next race was, and she said she didn't know but that I had inspired her and she was going home to look online and she would come back to see me and let me know how it went.

I think that's super cool. Being able to inspire a complete stranger! :)

The Doctor gave me a turbuhaler. I wonder if it'll make me run faster (as soon as I get used to the woozy side effects that I feel)

CONGRATULATIONS to Trev and Maggie (My store's (old) assistant manager and the Regional Manager) ran their first marathon in Venice, Italy! I online stalked them several times throughout the night (and they had super wicked splits! I'm super excited for them and can't wait to hear about their race--I can only stalk the pictures and the online videos.

ALSO--Congrats to Marci who rocked the Niagara Marathon course, and got a PR. I haven't heard the story, but I'm sure she'll have a race report up soon.

AND--I'm meeting up with my first friend from highschool. I was a new student to school in the middle of grade 9, and I haven't seen this girl in FOREVER! So I'm meeting up with her on Thursday after class. I'm pretty much excited!

I hope you're all doing fantastic. I have 3 midterms this week. Fan-freaking-amazing. I'll be around as much as I can. Miss me <3

9 Comments:

At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are not feeling too well...I hope you get better soon! I can understand the frustration resulting in not running for so long!

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Take it easy as you ease back into life after being ill. Pneumonia is a tough one to get over.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

keep taking it easy and good luck in your exams :)

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Julianne said...

Wow, sounds like your pneumonia totally kicked your butt. Hope you get better soon!!

 
At 4:26 AM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

oohhh... pneumonia is not something to mess with. Take care of yourself, chica!

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Just sending hugs and hope you are feeling like yourself again soon!

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Hang in there Tiger!! You DO NOT need to jump back into life with both feet after being sick like that. Take it slow chica! There's no shame in crying. I'd like to clobber the ass-peeps that think that :-)

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Gotta Run..... said...

POST RACE BLUES... google it... it is for real stuff.

Time to get your body moving again. You will feel tons better.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Marci said...

I agree with Gotta run. Its true that you go through depression, and it likely made you prone to get sick. Hand in there, you will get better soon. try going for some walks for now. We should plan a blogger race event (fun 5K or something), for a get together again! P.S thanks for all of your support!! I think you are terrific for doing all that you do while attending school full time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home