Thursday, June 26, 2008

Welcome to the Worst Day of my life

Ok, maybe not the worst. The worst day of my young life so far was October 17th, 2003. Yep. But this day came pretty darn close.

I woke up 10 minutes before I had to leave for work. Gross. Threw on some clothes and a hat to cover my greasy hair and went out the door. Made it (barely) to the first bus and ended up in a daze the whole ride. And then, I miss my stop. I realize it immediately but the next stop is over the bridge and stuff. I have 7 minutes to walk from that stop to the other where I was to transfer. I got to the stop just as the bus was in the quiet intersection waiting for the light to change. The little walk man was still flashing in the direction he wasn't going. And he wouldn't let me on the bus! Stupid Mississauga transit. I take this bus virtually everyday, and he still wouldnt let me on. Funny thing is, I'm always nice to the bus drivers. I say thank you and have a nice day, things that many people don't say, and he still wouldn't let me. Its not like there were cars beside him or anything either.

Argh. Then apparently the local cab company doesn't pick up from street corners or bus stops, so I had to walk to the gas station (10 minutes) to get a cab. Then, there was no ATM and I had to pay with my credit card. And then I was going to get breakfast at Tim Hortons but decided I didn't have time because of the fact that I had to be there at 745 and thats when I got there, but my manager got caught in traffic and didn't show up until 810!

Phew.

So that was sucky.
I do have an updated race schedule though:

July 13th: tenatively the Nissan 10 Miler. Might not happen. We will see though.
August 16th: Mid Summer Nights 30k (really cool medal)
September 28th, 2008: Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm excited can't you tell?)
October 13th: 10k Zoo Run
October 19th: Toronto Half Marathon.

Look at that, huh?
Looking forward to the positive stuff, I guess.
Tomorrow will be better.
Now I'm off to bed.

I hate to admit it, but Ive been slacking on my blog reading. I'm sorry. Honest. I'll catch up sometime Saturday.
Miss me?

6 Comments:

At 7:26 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

Sorry to hear about your not-so-exciting morning. I hate those. Sometimes they seem to throw the day off completely!

Race schedule looks good, and a bit of a variety too!

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger Wes said...

This is one of those reminders :-)

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Yikes what a crazy way to start the day!!

I would reallylike to hear all about The Mid Summer Nights Run...however, I'm having an impromtu Duathlon at my place that weekend...

Keep up the good work.

 
At 1:56 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

If it wasn't for the bad days, we wouldn't appreciate the good days! Good idea to look forward to your future races as to inspire your day!

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Sorry about your crappy day. :(

Nice looking schedule. The Nissa 10-Miler is tempting, but my progra,m calls for 22K this that weekend and I don't think I can make it work.

I was thinking of doing a half after the full, and going for a wicked time... maybe Niagara Falls.

A friend of mine is running Toronto (full) and going for a BQ so we'll be there cheering all along the course. I'll watch for your "GO TIGER" shirt... or bra top. ;)

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Hi nice blog!! Please check out mine at http://runningdowndreams.wordpress.com/ Sorry about your bad day, but things will get better!!!
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home