Thursday, June 19, 2008

So now I'm actually a coach.

I love, love, love my clinic!
The people are fantatsic. Theres about 12 people in it.
They're such a diverse, enthusiastic group.
And the best thing...

They Don't Care That I'm 19!!!!!

That's a good thing! I think once I told them the story of how I got to wear I am today, they got it! Everyone's gotta start somewhere, right?

I've got a couple of ideas for how to break up the monotony of the tempo runs (they can get kinda boring). We line up in pace groups and we start of our run. Then after our warm up the first person holds the pace for 30 seconds, then the person from the back sprints to the front and holds the pace. Then the next person, then the next! It's a good idea, I think. ANd I think that the group is just strong enough to handle it.

My trainings been going alright. My mom is home now. (just got home today after a month) and I have a 22k long run tomorrow. Then a 10 on Saturday and probably going to end up being a 10k on Sunday as well *7 with the group, and I'll run/bike there.

And I bought the most gorgeous new run jacket.

Not a bad day after all.

6 Comments:

At 7:23 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear coaching is going well! Same with your training!

Not bad at all :)

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

glad to hear you have a great group and the support. i'm sure you'll do an amazing job. glad to see your mom is home too! Yeah!

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger Wes said...

What? You're nineteen? Who know? :-) Glad your mom is home and hope everything goes well...

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger Tanya said...

You're going to be a great coach. Your group is lucky to have you!

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Oooh, I like that tempo run idea!

Glad to hear Mom is home.

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

HI Tiger

So just how is everything going Coach?? Pretty cool huh?? I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it and the most important thing is your enthusiasm... which makes everything in life just a little bit easier.

Best of luck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home