Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life Happens

I'm going to do an Ironman
Or run 100 mile weeks
That way, I have no time for boys, cause they're retarded.
Ridiculous.
Not cool.

In other new, life seems to have gotten in the way. I drank a lot Sunday so i didn't run Monday, not by choice, but by puking my guts out. Mmmhmm.
Tuesday: Ran an amazing 8k run! Felt soo good!
Wednesday: Agreed to run 6k with my little brother cause he wouldn't lay off. Um, there's a reason I don't run with him--theres atleast a minute per kilometer difference in our paces. This is when I'm doing a super easy run and he is doing speed work. He then proceeded to roll over on his ankle and we had to walk the rest of the way home.

Today: Moms test got moved up, so came to hospital. So much for my run today. Was going to meet with nutritionist, but called her and we rescheduled for a day next week. The test results came back normal. Apparently her heart is fine. There were complications though. It was supposed to take 20 minutes. It, however, took almost 3 hours~! I was expecting her to be in a room, when I got back from my coffee. But nope, it wasn't. Apparently when they put her thing in her arm (they modified the procedure) it spasmed up and she had to have like abunch of sedatives and stuff. Now she's sitting beside me doped up and in pain.

NOTE: I will never be a doctor, nurse or caregiver. She's asking me to scratch her like head and stuff, and feed her and wowwwwwwwie. I don't mind cause she's ok but no man not for anyone else.

So, I doubt I'll be running today. I think that this is more important than running though.

Ill be back after a short day at work tomorrow. im pretty tired.

7 Comments:

At 12:58 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Yay! Do an Ironman :-) but dono't give up on us boyz yet! There are good ones out there!

Keeping your Mom in my thoughts...

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

One day at a time kiddo, don't be trash'n the boyz, just yet.

Hope everything works out for your mom, ANNNND

don't beat yourself up....you're doing great!

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger Marcy said...

Oooohhhh No, boys are TOTALLY good. You just have to find the right one. It takes a lot of trial and error but they're not all bad, I promise :-)

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger Marci said...

I agree with Marcy! Boys rock! Glad to read that your mom tests were OK.

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Sending you good thoughts for you and your mom. It is hard to watch and take care of the ones we love - remember to take care of you and squeeze in a few short ones here and there. It will keep you sane.

Amy
blog.runnerslounge.com
www.runnerslounge.com

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Darren said...

Yea, boys are jerks. Men however...

BTW, since you said you are going to do an Ironman, umm.. you sorta have to do it now.

Glad your Mom's results came back normal!

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Life truly does intervene sometimes and you just have to hang in there. There are some nice guys out there (I would like to think I'm one of 'em), but you tuly do just have to find the right one. My wife and I lived together for a couple years just to make sure we liked each other and have been married now almost 10years. You'll find one when you least expect it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home