Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Week in Review

So the results of the test are: They have to do another test. Something's wrong but they're not sure what. They're doing an angioplasty to see if theres a blockage, and if there is, it's heart surgery. Yep.. That test is next Tuesday. So once again, I'm trying not to worry.

Update on Training: I've done zilch. Yep. I have decided that I am going to take the entire week off. That's Monday to Sunday. Tomorrow I'm going to head out for a nice run. The length of the run will depend on how much drinking I do tonight. I haven't drank since January 26th or something like that. Yeah, so whatever I do drink will hit me really hard. But whatever, it'll be fun.

Not that I am trying to justify my decision to take an entire week off, but I am. After the race, I worked 3 consecutive days on my feet, and went out with friends most of the night. Then, my day off was spent running around and making meatballs and then the evening was the post race clinic party. I ended up getting home at 10, sleeping at midnight and leaving the house the next day at 730. Yeah, it was busy.

And I am also (starting tomorrow) heading into my second consecutive bout of marathon training, and think that this is going to be harder than my last bout, because I am actually running the race and have such high expectations of myself and what I expect out of this race. I think that if I went into it when I said I would (the day after the race), I would get burned out and exhausted much quicker.

Also, please note that I have been eating really well. Well sorta-really well. Until yesterday when my parents went away and we ordered pizza to fill our tummies. And that night that I went out with my friend for his dinner cause he's moving away. And that day that I took my sister to McDonalds.

Eww, I don't really like writing this down. I think I might have fallen off the bandwagon. But there's always time for that, right? As long as you recognize it and get right back on the bandwagon (tomorrow) then it'll be good. That's the hardest part though is getting back on it. I'm not too worried, there's not junk food allowed in my house anymore, and I'm pretty sure I can convince my mom to make me a lunch. I'm also wanting to try Tofu again. Last time I tried it I didn't like it, but it's soo good for you, that I'm willing to try it again. I think.

I also love the way I feel when I eat healthy and drink my water and don't fill my body with all that crap that I am so used to filling it with. So; here's to feeling good and another round of full marathon training.

So my week looks like this:

Monday: Normally going to be a rest day but I'll do a 10km run. Just to get the feeling back.
Tuesday: 8km at tempo pace.
Wednesday: 10km at tempo pace after work
Thursday: 8-10km easy
Friday: Off
Saturday: To be decided. I'm thinking an easy 10
Sunday: 16km "long run" with last 5km at Goal Race Pace.

Yeah! I'm pretty excited to get this started! I would like to loose 15lbs. That still puts me in the healthy range of BMI. but I'm trying to figure out the proper balance between exercising and cutting calories because either I won't get thinner or I won't properly be fueling for my runs and stuff. They say for every pound you loose you shave 2 seconds of your mile speed. So, 15lbs x2 seconds=30 seconds of my mile. I'm already running, comfortably at 8:40 pace, so 30 seconds off that is 8:10 which is a good goal pace for my race.

We'll talk about race goals later. Right now it's time to go enjoy the day.

Good luck to everyone who is racing this weekend!

6 Comments:

At 7:02 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

I think it's a good plan to take a week off. I would like to do the same, but have a feeling I won't be able to let myself do that! :) Next week looks good!

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Hey, chica, you are allowed to have pizza and such, just not everyday! You've been way too busy and need to carbload, LOL...

Prayers go to your mom,

enjoy and have some good down time...

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Marlene said...

Hoping for the best for your Mom.

I am constantly struggling with my diet...I would also like to lose about 15 more lbs (lost 25 this winter) but it's really hard to find the right balance (especially now that I am at a 'healthy' [BMI] weight) of eating enough to fuel the body and still losing weight. I think it's damn near impossible. ;)

And yeah, we all need to fall off the wagon now and then, if only to realize how much better we feel when we're on the wagon.

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Nitmos said...

"Another round of full marathon training"...man, I've heard those words a lot. And they are good ones! Good luck, both with the training and the family health.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Hi Tiger

Honestly, you've got to live a little and if that means having a not so perfect meal every now and then well that is just fine. I also think that people who are as dedicated to exercise as you are get cut just a little more slack.

Best of luck with the health and the training.

 
At 4:18 AM , Blogger Danielle Wallace said...

I think it makes sense to take the week off. You deserve it. I also know that you will go back and start running as you planned to your schedule. Good work on the steps to eating better. Have fun with the training this week.

You are a great motivator to the rest of us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home