Monday, June 09, 2008

About Me!

So, I got tagged:) Yahoo.
And no, I can't think of a more creative title. You'll just have to deal with it.
That's just another excuse to talk about myself.
Seriously, I'll take any excuse I can get to do that.
Speaking of me: This is my new hair cut! Beautiful, isn't it?? It is when it's straightened:P

First things first though:

How do you get rid of a boy you don't like?
I've tried to be super nice about it. "Sorry,you're a nice guy and all, but I'm not into you?" "I don't have time for a relationship! Good luck, never talk to me again?"

I dunno man, I might have to grow some kahooni's and just be a mean beeotch and say "Get a life, find someone who's willing to settle?" Argh. I'm so not one for confrontation. Seriously.

What should I do oh wise blogger buddies? What should I do? If you're female tell me how you get rid of annoying boys and if you're male tell me what you would like to hear that would just generally get the point across.

Anyways, onto the 'tagged' portion, and the reason for this post.

1) Describe your running 10 years ago.

Um, 10 years ago, I was 9. So, the extent of my running would have been down the street two houses to my friend Nicole's, around the back yard playing some version of tag and those short little dashes from the school's door to the playground. "Last one there is a rotten egg!" Please not, I was just about always the rotten egg!

2) What is your best and worst race/run experience?

Best: Probably this years half marathon. I met my time goal, took pictures, chatted along the way and just generally felt completely and utterly prepared. I'm sure I'm capable of about a 1:50 half marathon, but I just had a really good time.

Worst: I think I have two worst race/run experiences. The first would have to be the first 18k run I did last year in hot weather. I ended up with heat stroke, and tried to work afterwards. I was out for about 3 days just recouperating and rehydrating. It was really a scary experience to be running in the heat and be shivering and cold. Seriously.

Second was Around the Bay. I was sick. I couldn't walk and breathe at the same time and still went into the race with a time goal. (Stupid, Stupid Girl) I obviously didn't meet my time goal and then still managed to be disappointed. The race was so mentally tough and I ran past each relay point fighting with myself to not get on the bus. Then there were the cemeteries in which I contemplated laying down in plot "C-243" and having someone pick me up there. Then there was death 2k from the finish, he was pretty tempting too. I just wanted to wear the shirt, seriously. That's the only reason I finished. I finished, and broke down in exhausted tears (and this girl never cries) And I ended up sicker than before I started.

3. Why do you Run?

Ah, well since you asked--that's a whole seperate blog. It has something to do with the fact that I can (and couldn't before), the fact that it relieves stress, helps me figure out the world and gives me hope in this sometimes dark world. Not to mention on the things that it does for your health.
I also very like the community and the looks that I get from non-runners when I tell them I ran from Port-Credit to Union Station.

Note to self: Write updated "Why I run" blog.

4. What is the best peice of advice you've gotten? What is the worst?

Best: Pace yourself. Although I haven't quite figured out (at all) how to do this, but I can see how this advice would be good advice. I think pretty much all the advice I've gotten is good advice, runners are great like that.

Worst: I can't think of anything specific, but I tend to like to ignore advice and learn things the hard way. It's probably my age.

5. Something that most people don't know about you.

Hm. Good question. Something that most people don't know about me...There's lots of things that people don't know about me. I'm trying to decide weather to go serious or quirky.

...

Ah. I don't shave my legs. I shaved them once, in grade 8, and started bleeding. The hair on my legs is really blonde and you can't even tell I have hair on them. I know, I'm lucky:P Lol.

Now, I'm supposed to tag people I guess. If you want to be tagged, I guess you should consider yourself tagged:D.

Marathon goals to come. They've been changed. They're now more realistic!

Tiger!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Oh, that hair cut is just HAWT :-) Beautimous!!!

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Marcy said...

Seriously, you have s-p-e-l-l things out for the men. They just don't get it otherwise LOL They get all confused with our roundabout way of talking hehe.

Cute cut! Love it!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Marlene said...

Cute 'do!!

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

Love the hair cut! I am going to get mine cut this week as well, hopefully. Great post, Tiger! :) In the boy advice category, just keep it honest. That's the best thing you can do. Unless the guy is a total loser, there is no need in letting him know that. ;)

 
At 1:50 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Your haircut looks just like another runner's hair cut, the U.S. Marathon Champion, Deena Kastor! Should be easier to care and breezy to run.

 
At 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new hair cut! There's nothing like a new fun and fresh look!

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

I hate to say it, but when it comes to guys I think you almost do have to be mean about it. Especially if it is a young guy as they can be pretty persistent.

I will say this.. you have really accomplished a lot at a very young age. If I could go back, I would have loved to be running at 19!

 
At 7:00 AM , Blogger Reluctant Runner said...

"Ten years ago I was 9" ... sigh.

I really love your answer to why you run, Tiger. Look forward to a whole new blog entry on that.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home