Saturday, June 07, 2008

Long Summer?

Since my mother is still not home, I am honored with the task of preparing and transporting on foot, my five year old sister to junior kindergarten on the mornings I am not working. She's definately not a morning person, and hates having her hair brushed, so the mornings are an interesting adventure.

Friday morning was a little bit of a different kind of adventure, same challenges, but we had more challenges, that posed greater difficulty.

Friday morning, I woke up to 30 degrees celcius without humidity!Very Hot. verryyy hot. And with the humidity it was about 42. At 8am. Seriously, I thought I was in the desert. We left for school at about 8:35. Let me tell you by the time I got to the school I was soo out of breath. From walking across the friggen feild.

Yeah. This girl who`s training for a marathon. Last time I checked, a marathon was 42.2km. Yeah. And the last time I checked, the distance between here and my sisters school is about 400meters. And if I can`t breathe after walking my sister to school at 8am, then there is a problem. Yeah, it was pretty frustrating. The rest of the day was a write off, and included sucking back ventolin and sleeping. When I can`t catch my breath, I sleep. So that was the day.

I`ve managed about 22km this week, and plan on doing a long run tomorrow. We`ll see how that goes. I`ve got 22 mapped out, and I can cut it down to 14 if I need to. AND I pass a Running Room to get water and stuff. I`m sure I will be fine. And I have bus tickets and money and a cell phone. Cause I am prepared like that. It`s stilll verryy early in training so I am not tooo worried.

I`ve been eating pretty healthy the last few days. I get to weigh myself tomorrow. Haha we will see how that goes. I`m addicted to Popeye Sticks. Theres no calorie thing on the package, but I`ve eaten a lot of them. Hahaha. Oh well, I can have one little thing.

Annnyyyways. What else is new..

MY HAIR.
I cut it off
Pics to come.

2 Comments:

At 4:07 AM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Please use caution in this heat especially with your breathing issues. Don't overdo the Ventolin, and yes naps are good.

With the sudden heat & humidity, just go very slow and increase your walk breaks. I want to see you stay healthy, 'cause I'm coming to T.O. EEEEhaaaawwww!

;^)

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Marci said...

Lily is right, take it easy, I just got back from a 20km trail run and it was tough!! So hot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home