Monday, June 02, 2008

A new month:)

First off, thank you to everyone for all the wonderful and kind words of support. I very much appreciate it, and it definately boosted my confidence:) Don't be surprised if I ask you guys for 'help' with some questions:)

Second:

June Goals:

1) Lose weight with the Independence Weight loss Challenge put on by Viv. Like I said, I'm not going to 'diet' but I'm going to get my but in gear and make a commitment to myself to only eat things that are good for me and my body.

2) Run. Alot. And have fun with it. Challenge myself, but enjoy myself when I am doing it. The clinic doesn't start until June 19th. There are almost exactly four months until my race. That's pretty soon. I have no doubts I can do it, but I think I should adjust my time goal. I don't have the half time to run a 3:40. Idealistically, I would like a sub 4hr marathon, but we'll see.

3) Continue Spinning. My god is it hard, but I definately want to keep doing it:)

These are my main goals. I may come up with little ones along the way and when I do, I'll let you know.

The Week at a Glance (not sure why I'm using bullets, they just look neat.):

  • Pretty boring week. Nothing exciting happened really. Just the 'coaching' gig, and hospital visits. Not as much running as I would have liked. I would finish work and planned on heading down to the Running Room to go for a run, and then go to the hospital but NOOOO my mom would call me and tell me she wanted me to come see her now. Yeah, she's still not out. I told her she'd better get out of there soon because I can't keep missing my runs:P Nice daughter I am, I know. But it's pretty frustrating. ( I feel mean for typing that)
  • I saw the late show of Sex and the City on Friday night. It was prettyyy ridiculous the amount of people that were there. of course, some Diva girls decided they were gonna ruin the movie for everyone because they "paid their $10."We got home at about 2am." I had signed up for a spin class, so I dragged my butt out of bed 5 hours after we got home to head down to the running room.
  • I ended up getting banana loaf and water from starbucks before the class, and ended up meeting up with someone I had talked to a few times during the clinic, and we had breakfast together which was nice:) Headed to spinning--Oh, so tired.
  • Spinning waws very very veryyyy hard. I was tired. But i paced myself better than I had the last time, and made it through the class. I then decided he was on drugs.
  • I wanted to see how my legs would react by going for a run. They weren't impressed. Made it 2km and walked back. haha. I guess that takes some getting used to.
  • Went to work for 6hours. Again, veryyy tired. Then ended up going straight to babysit. Fell asleep about midnight.
  • Had a meeting at high park on sunday. Decided that I was going to make a day of it. Headed down to the High Park Running Room and had a silly idea in my mind that I was going to do 20k. High Park is hilly. I'm talking Around the Bay Hilly, but for the whole time. SO I ended up going about 12km before my legs gave up on me (Still, veryyy tired) and went and explored High Park Village. It's a nice little area, and had some dinner and got a book.
  • Then today I woke up early, went for a 6k run followed by an hour walk and spent the day at the hospital. Then I went to another spin class. It hurt right from the first pedal. My legs were fried. I'm going to just swim or something tomorrow, so the legs can take a break:)

UM so yeah. That's about it:) Hope everyone's training is going well!!! Gonna catch up with blogs when I get more than 20 min on a computer!!!

Tiger

5 Comments:

At 7:37 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Learning to run off the bike is an acquired talent :-) Keep at it!!! It gets easier...

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Don't try to over do any of it...between the stress and worrying about Mom and doing cool things, use your running for fun right now...you've got the time to chillax for a little bit.

I'm the 2:10 pace leader for our half group in Kanata. Feel free to ask me anything!

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Good luck with your marathon training. Are you aiming for the Toronto marathon?

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Nice goals for June...you are now accountable!!

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Hi Tiger

Wow, you have been and are going to be incredibly busy. If there was a formula for hills (and there probably actually is), your 12k might actually be worth more than a flat 20k. And if not well than I think you have been doing enough lately.

Hang in there with mom and best of luck.

BTW, thanks for your comment about the Toronto Waterfront Marathon. I have had such a great time at that race that is always on my short list. That and the fact that I love Canadians and they are just some of the nicest people. I probably won't get back there this year as I am looking to do the Air Force Marathon in September. But there is always '09.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home