Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The last few week

SO.

This is what I've figured out over the last few weeks:

1) Life is ok. It's actually taking some getting used to having mom back home. But she's home, and I'm glad.

2) Training intensely more than 4 times a week, not cool. I'm exhausted. Already. So, I'm gonna pull back a bit and do the four days a week, and run nice and slow with my clinic. It's sort of tough having more than one goal you know.

3) I Really like my clinic. Like, really really. They're such a great group of people and I like to think that they're all gonna make it! They seem really motivated, and really wanting to get to that point in their running career. And I think that they like me. I mean, they might hate me when we do hills and speed or they have a bad run, but they'll be so happy to cross the finish line. Now I hope that nobody drops out, because I might take that personally. Haha.

4) I have to train before work. Im more exhausted after work than before.

5)reallyyy like my job. And I think I'm getting better at it. There was a little bit of iffy time, when stuff was going on with my mom, but I now look forward to going to work. I meet really cool people and I get to work with super cool people. It's a pretty great thing.

6) I think I've just about picked out my bra top. It's a v-neck one, and it's a nice color. I might have to get matchy-matchy bottoms and take before and after pictures. Maybe this week. If I'm feeling brave. We will see.

7) Next year at school is going to be very difficult. I made my schedule. Some days I don't have lunch!!! Good thing I can snack during classes. I'm taking physiology 1 and 2, weather and climate (natural science course, mandatory) anatomy, research methods in kinesiology, analysis of data in kinesiology, the science of coaching and athletic therapy. It's going to be intense!!

8) That exciting change period I went through is calming down and I'm so glad. I'm happy to be settling into a great routine. One that includes running to work (well I've done it once and loved it so I'll do it some more)

9) Something exciting that I've been waiting a long time for is on the horizon. Not going to say it cause I don't want to fall through. Stay Tuned.

What else? Hmm. I went to the movie with my siblings (all 6 of us). It was nice to be all together for once. Didn't get any pics, but I saw Get Smart. Thought it was going to be soooo lame but it was really good:)

Quote of the week:

The five S's of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;but the greatest of these is Spirit.--Ken Doherty

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

You've been busy. Glad to hear your mom is back home.

Keep up with the great work on training and coaching! Sounds like you are really enjoying and doing well!

 
At 3:52 AM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Glad things are settling down for you Tiger, take it easy running, the clinic runs will tire you out looking after everyone's needs. Once you get into the longer distances and the hill work, you'll need your strength because you will double up your mileage helping and encouraging the other runners who are depending upon you!

Seems like you're going to have a FANTABULOUS summer, you deserve it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home