Friday, June 12, 2009

Postponed construction

So, I know I said I was going to work on this blog in terms of making it look pretty. Unfortunately, though, it seems as though it has taken a back seat. For a few reasons. Basically, though, you'll have to deal with the random "go bar' as I'm not even at home, and have to fight for the computer.

Here's a recap of the last 2 weeks.

*Got in a huge fight with the road. YEAH...the road won. I was okay, but my bike to one serious beating. So, I'm going to learn how to ride my bike when I get back to Toronto (my dad wouldn't let me bring it because I'm not so good at it). That is, of course, after I get it fixed. The back tire fell off, and the gears are not working properly. The bike shop is going to loveeee me.

* Got no sleep. I hate nighttime. With a passion. I studied a lot of exams. It kept me distracted and my mind busy. It was great. Then exams were over and I got punched in the stomach by life. I'm so thankful for the amazing people in my life.

*came to kingston!! I'm staying at my Aunt's house again. I love it. It's so relaxed and no stress. Pretty amazing if you ask me. I'm working at the lululemon down here! It's so different, but so much fun!! I wasn't worried about coming to meet the people down here, lulu's are the same everywhere. It's like "friends by association"...which is relieving! However, Kingston transit might as well not even exist. The buses don't run past 5:30pm to go to where my Aunt lives...

*Am seriously weighing options about school next year. I didn't do very well. one thing that became incredibly clear is the fact that I suck at multiple choice exams. I can throw everything back up at you, but if you give me four very similar options, I'll average about 33% on the exam. which is not what I do! I'm good at school. I also realized I'm pretty darn good at papers, getting an A on my paper in coaching class. so, i need to be in a program where I write papers. Possible options include:
  • Working full time and taking Health and Society courses part-time. That way I don't have to rely on government assistance to pay for school and I'm still able take courses towards my degree. I have already accepted that it's going to take me longer to finish school then most people.
  • Take a full year off school. Focus on gaining upper body strength. Work full-time and apply for the Humber college firefighting program.
  • Go to school full-time in Health and Society. It's a program where you write papers and stuff. If my GPA is high enough maybe try to get back into kinesiology the next year, but maybe just stay in HESO.

To be honest, I'm not too concerned. It was quite the year. I'm not deciding until August, and i've got my whole life ahead of me to figure all this out.

As for training, I'm running a lot again. My legs are coming back, my fitness is coming back, my fitness is coming back. My whole plan was to ride alot while I was in Kingston, but in order to ride I would've had to bring my bike. I'll focus on what fitness I can get right now, and I'll be doing the k-town triathlon in August. Just one more reason to come back to Kingston! There's water, boats, nice people and comparitively clean air. Fantastic.

So that's about it. ;). any suggestions on what i should do with school, or training would be greatly appreciated

Tigrrr

4 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Good luck with your decision about school next year!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Good to hear from you! Sorry about the punch in the stomach - I hope you are doing okay and have the support you need. It's been quite a year!

Have an amazing time in Kingston - what a great town.

Good luck with the life/school decisions.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

yikes, glad you're ok after the bike thing too! good luck with the school decision and enjoy Kingston. :)

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Good to hear from you, and I'm glad you are OK after your bike accident. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home