Monday, March 09, 2009

15 minutes and a wandering mind.

Once again, in a time crunch to post a blog. And my mind is going NUTS so I need to write it all down.

Things are looking up.
I was super convinced that this test was going to fix me. Apparently my perspective keepers were on vacation because its not the test that fixes you, it's what happens after you see you doctor after the test.
So now I wait for an appointment.

The test wasn't that scary.
First things first: There were no needles.
Well, she pulls out this gianormous needle. It was the size of like, my hand.
And then she forgets to tell me that it's just to measure her solution. Then we did breathing tests by itself. After that, we did breathing tests after breathing in saline for 2 minutes. Then after that, I had to breathe in some substance, called methacoline, with each dose getting stronger and stronger to see how the breathing changed. Once I got up to 2 (mg)things started getting rough, and they went up to 16....
And it was super tight, and sucked to breathe. Sorta like everyday at work.

Then, they get me on a treadmill for like 7 minutes, at 7mph at a 12% incline. Seriously. Wtf.
After that, and some ventolin, I get to work.
So I get on the bus and the subway (and I'm completely exhausted and shaking like a leaf.
And I get to work and apparently someone should have called me because they didnt want me there.
And I was too tired to fight, so I waited for my dad to come get me and slept the rest of the night.

The next morning, much to my dismay, I wasnt fixed. Saturday at work, I still couldnt breathe.
Same thing with yesterday.
And I started to get frustrated but my perspective keepers got back from vacation.
It's out of my hands now. All I can do is wait. Seriously. The people I am blessed with in my life are fantabulous. It's so annoying for me, so I'm sure it must be 100 x more annoying for them. But theyy dont show it!

Sunday I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
I was miserable due to the hour less sleep, but as soon as I got out of my house and to work, things looked up, and I ended up having a wicked day.

Today, things are looking good.
I made my own lunch (but am having breakfast at the bagel place at school) and will be going for a run, and doing some sit-ups and push-ups when I get home.
And then going straight to bed. These days are going to be long!!!!

60 in 30 starts today!!!!
More details to come at the coffee shop after my run tonight (because I have to wait for my dad!)

K, time for class.
I'll be reading your blogs at 7:15pm. :) I'm so excited!!!



At 5:37 AM , Blogger Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

hopefully the test results will lead to a solution that will fix you. hang in there!

At 8:45 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

I think I would have died during that treadmill test.

Sorry to hear you're still having such a hard time. I hope they fix you soon!!!

Good luck with the kick-off of 60 in 30!

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Run Mommy said...

I hope you are well! Thanks for the comments on our Virtual Race! We are super excited about it and can't wait to see the results.

12% incline - OUCH! Be well!

At 6:04 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

That treadmill test sounds horrible. Why on earth would they every put someone through that!?! LOL

At 9:20 PM , Blogger Marci said...

The TM test sounds brutal.I hope you find out soon! Thanks for your support for the virtual race! It means alot! I see that you are selling your ATB bib, I guess we won't meet up this time!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home