Sunday, February 22, 2009

The (non-running) solution to EVERYTHING!!

Of course, running fixes everything. For that hour (or two or three of four) that we spend on the road, the world is fine. Its just you, and the pavement and the scenery as you pass it by.

I've found as of lately though that sometimes when thing get you down, or your angry or stressed, it's not always possible to run. Sometimes its the wrong time of day (read: midnight) and sometimes circumstances don't permit (read: 3hrs of sleep all week and an exam the next morning).

Of course, running should always be our first method of getting rid of the fears, tears, anger and frustration, but as a public service and thanks to all my Running Blogger Friends, I would like to share with you the two things that make life all better when you cannot get a run in.

I'm not exactly sure how to bold from my crackberry, so I'm just going to do it in list form!

1) PEANUT BUTTER: first and foremost peanut butter has the ability to fix all things that are wrong in life. But there is a way you have to do it for it to work properly.

- take a jar of peanut butter and a spoon.
- take that jar of peanut butter into your room
- prop up some pillows and crawl under your blanket.
- open the jar of peanut butter and take the spoon, and scoop out a BIG spoonful of the glorious stuff.
- stare out your window and nurse the spoonful of peanut butter.

Soon you will feel a warm fuzzy feeling inside...life will be okay.

Pros:
* its healthy!
* it tastes like heaven
* its cheaper than therapy (especially in this bad economy)

Cons:
* its not running
* some people may be allergic
* there might be some weight gain if you continue to eat peanut butter and stop running (or finish off half a jar in one sitting like I did)

2) Sleep:

I guess it works. After I finished the peanut butter on Thursday night I slept. And I was soo incredibly productive the next day... Seriously. There aren't many steps to achieving success in this situation. Perhaps you could even use the same bed when you ate the peanut butter. A teddy bear (or other person to cuddle with is imperative to the " everything is okay feeling" that you are aiming towards.

Pros:
* you sleep through what you don't want to feel
* most of the time you wake up well rested

Cons:
* you can't do anything productive during this time
* there is a possibility for nightmares
* you want to do it more often.

So that's my solution to everything right now.

I tried to write a more happy positive post today! I'm still not able to catch up quite yet, but I'm here thinking about all of you guys.

Big love,

Tigrrr

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

6 Comments:

At 9:35 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Mmm, peanut butter! Better for you than chocolate. :)

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a fan of peanut butter myself.

But I have to say that sleeping is probably closer to solving things than peanut butter. I know, I know. Sad, but true. Sigh.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so right, PB is fabulous and a good night's (or day, whatever) sleep can make a huge difference.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Lack of sleep has a way of clouding the mind. Hang in there, Tiger!

 
At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

3. Grazing
The world’s best grazers are teenagers. They simply cannot avoid opening the fridge every time they pass it. Their rapid growth and (hopefully) high activity levels require a constantly high calorie intake. Unfortunately, grazing is a habit that many people continue into their adult lives with disastrous results for their waistlines and health. A few nuts here, a couple of cookies there, a tablespoon or two of peanut butter, and a few glasses of juice all look pretty harmless in themselves, but taken together they can easily total several hundred extra calories a day! And those can add up to over 20 pounds of additional weight in a year.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Reluctant Runner said...

How you feel about peanut butter is the same way I feel about ice cream. Who can feel sad while eating ice cream? Not possible. And peanut butter and chocolate ice cream? Heaven.

Take care, Tiger.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home