Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Doctor Update

I went to the doctor to get ONE referral, to the doctor that I wanted to go to.
And I got it.
But, I also got a referral to 2 other doctors, and one other procedure.
All marked urgent. So basically I am on call to doctors. If they have a cancellation and call me to be there the next day, I go with no questions asked.

I described to her that I was feeling like there was a little man sitting on my chest all the time, and it was making it difficult for me to breathe, and she decided I needed an EKG, a heart ultrasound and a pulmonary functions test, on top of the referal to the doctor I wanted.
On top of this, easy running only. No more than half hour to fourty-five minutes.

Ok. Fine. Better safe than sorry BUT how am I going to train for the Around The Bay Road Race, that's in about 2 months, hm? Half hour is like 6k, ATB is 30...thats a bigggg difference.
Stressing out a little bit.

Any thoughts?

12 Comments:

At 7:59 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Yes. Take care of yourself first. You gotz big plans :-)

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Just take it easy! Don't go overboard!!

Good luck!!

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

hang in there, but take it easy until you get some answers. better safe than sorry :(

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

There'll always be more races to do. Focus on getting well first is what I'd do.

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

I dunno Tigrr, but you need to look after your health first. Keep easy running and you'll be able to build back up quickly once you get the green light - you're strong!

Good luck with all the tests. Thinking of you!

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Here's something you haven't heard yet, health and body FIRRRST, all else, second. Gut wrenching, disappointing, yes, end of world, no. Hang tough, got to get through this part FIRST.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Follow the dr's orders until you get more answers and possibly clearance to do more. Until then, it's smart to be conservative.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

I don't think you need to stress over your training. You need to focus on your health first, please.

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Vickie said...

First find out what if anything is wrong before you decide what you will do about the race. That race will be there next year too.

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

get better first! i know setbacks are really tough but you don't want to risk cutting your running abilities prematurely short altogether. hope the tests all go well.

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your health is more important than any race. Hopefully you'll get in soon so they can figure out what is going on. Then you can figure out what to do.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger yumke said...

Listen to your doctors, ATB has been around longer than Boston will be here every year and you can wait until you figure out what's going on. Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home