Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My Eventful Day

Sometimes things don't go as planned. I was doing pretty good on the "being active" stuff.
Saturday I started getting "coughy". Pretty awesome stuff.
Sunday, I was just really wheezy. But I didn't think anything of it. Still, I ended up leaving work early (not on my own terms).
Monday same thing.

My mom says I get wheeezy and have trouble breathing during the winter. Something about recycled, forced air, and a lot of dust (which I'm allergic too).

So when I woke up this morning and was still really wheezy, I thought I should probably go to the docs. I couldn't get into my doctor so I went to the Urgent Care clinic across the street from my work. I went in at about noon--a brilliant plan if I do say so myself. I didn't have to work til 4. I figured they'd send me away saying it was just the season or a cold.

I was wrong. Got in, and they gave me 2 masks, a peak flow meter and an aerochamber, and sent me away shaking like a leaf. Thats a side effect of the ventolin masks they gave me. They said I'd be shaking for a few hours, and my heart is still beating 125 BPM and after that I would crash. I'm fading pretty fast...

I went to work to call people to see if someone would be able to come in to rescue me but apparently they were staffed enough and I hopped in a cab to go to bed. I've been sleeping on and off, and I'm pretty much ready to sleep forever.

But I thought I'd catch you up first:)

In other news, i did buy 2 new pairs of shoes. A pair of Asics DS Trainers, and a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus. Rockin'!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have a date with you guys on Thursday:)

Tigrrr

12 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

Feel better soon :D

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Rest up and take care of yourself. I'm glad you're OK, but please take it easy!

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Oh my! I hope you're better soon.

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Wes said...

You need to come to University down here Tiger! Where its WARM :-)

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Cold always got my chest rollin! Sorry to hear it. Hope you are feeling better soon.

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Rest up and get better soon!

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

The "Asics DS Trainers" are my lightweight racing shoes and I'll be wearing them this Sunday for the Las Vegas Marathon! Great shoes!!

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger RunToTheFinish said...

wow that's crazy that it made you so week...I hope you get better quickly!

Love new shoes,tell me more!

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Aron said...

that does not sound fun!!! hope you feel better soon!

 
At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GET BETTER!!

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger Tanya said...

Take care of yourself, sounds like a little self pampering is in order right now. And Asics rock! I have 2 pair of the Nimbus, they're great shoes.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Thanks for checking in, Tigrr! Hope you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home