Monday, November 24, 2008

UNBREAKABLE

un·break·a·ble
(ŭn-brā'kə-bəl) adj.
1. Impossible to break; able to withstand rough usage: unbreakable plates.
2. Able to withstand an attempt to break. Used of a horse.
n. An article or object that is not easily broken
un·break'a·ble·ness n., un·break'a·bly adv.

That is who I am going to be.
Wait--no. That is who I am. I am unbreakable! (This will be a running post soon--I promise). Nothing that's happened so far in my life has broken me. Sure, I'm human and some things get me 'down' more than others, but guess how I am going to view them now? As "technical difficulties!". There's a song I just found by Alicia Keys, called 'unbreakable' and it's my new power song. I'm not a very big blues-y person, but I really like this one. For the first time in about 4 months, I (almost)left work not feeling good about my day at work. I know, everyone has those days once in a blue moon and it was apparently a blue moon for me. We chatted it out and all is well. And I'm still unbreakable. I did, however, realize that I can't call myself the girl that never cries anymore. Cause I cry now. And i'm still unbreakable!

Looking at it from an 'athletic standpoint', injuries are just technical difficulties. The breathing I've been struggling with for awhile is just a technical difficulty. The pneumonia that I got immediately following the marathon is just a technical difficulty. The fact that for the 3 weeks following the marathon I had no desire to move--another technical difficulty. You see where I'm going with this. I'm just unbreakable!

I'm pretty confident that I'm back into this now. Looking for a trainer still. One that fits the budget. I think I might've found a Cyclops MAG Trainer for 95$, which is a wicked deal, I think. And I've asked my parents for gift cards to get cycling shoes, and clipless pedals for my bike for Christmas. This sport is getting expensive. Yesterday I went for a run. It was about 6km, and I didn't wear a watch or time it. Cause that's how I'm going to roll for awhile. No focus on my watch, just focus on feeling.

I definately don't have running legs anymore. Seriously. It felt like I was climbing mountains. But that's okay, cause running legs will come back after about 3 weeks so I'm not too worried. I won't be worried until 3 Sunday's from now. If they're not back after some consistent running, there is going to be a problem. But we're not going to worry about that yet. I do need new Running Shoes as well. My old runners have a round of marathon training on them, so they need to be replaced. It'll have to wait until Friday though.

And guess what I did today?

I went swimming. I swam 1200m. In a long time. And it hurt. Well actually it felt pretty good. I'm sure it's going to hurt tomorrow though. I've also been reading 'going long' and am going to start doing some of the core strengthening exercises in it. I've also convinced Rick to do the 100 pushup challenge with me. So, months behind everyone else, I will be participating in it. Cause that's how I roll. Starting tomorrow though. Just for the record--I can't do one pushup.

I'm now in the process of making a trip plan for Lake placid this year so I can start to save. Anyone going to be going down to Lake Placid this year? Is there an Airport in Lake Placid? Should I really get my lisence so I can drive there? Any locals want to carpool? I'll be volunteering. Any volunteers got a position they can recommend for me?

I think 2010 will be easier to plan, cause I've got the parents coming too. They can take care of all the details. :)

I think that's all I wanted to say.

I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow. Or tonight if I can't sleep.

10 Comments:

At 12:56 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sounds like you have a great mind-set. Good luck with the plans for Lake Placid and with the trainer. :)

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Wes said...

There are only two kind of people in the world Tiger. Those that cry, and those that lie about it. I don't lie :-) Everybody needs an outlet somewhere. We bend. We adapt. We DO NOT break.

You are going to get me way beyond excited if you sign up for IM USA. The changing tents are the best place to volunteer!

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Missy said...

Ah, hell, grown men cry all the time. Ask any man that has lost his dog...he may not cry at a grandparents funeral but their dog dies and they crack, just a little. Sometimes, you just got to get it out to move forward.

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

100 push ups/ geez.i rather swim 4 km :)

As for LP, there is no airport around the area. It is a national park.

FYI, the drive down is about 8 hr.

Best bet is to find a few tri geeks who is going down and hitch a ride w/ them :)...though u have a lot of time to prepare for that..

cheers,
Cliff

 
At 6:05 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Good to have you back, Tigrr. Those running legs will be back in no time. Hang in there! nice job on the swim!

 
At 6:05 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Also, I love that song! Now it will always make me think of you. :)

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

What a great post! I honestly felt like I was ready to shout "Yeah!" as I read it.

Best of luck.

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Yeah you are back! Great job on the swim. Running legs will be back in no time!

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

I like that adjective and attitude!

Indeed, a DNF in a race, which I've gotten before, can be viewed as being a temporary situation which can be rectified and even used to your advantage. Just as with training, if we don't push ourselves and breakdown things occasionally (muscle fibers, mental barriers, etc), we cannot get stronger.

Great to hear you're back and getting serious about tris!

 
At 7:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are all over 310 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home