Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Disconnected

I took last week easy.
I ate healthy, walked a little, ran a couple times, and did pushups and situps everyday, but took it easy.
Note the eat healthy. We`re talking salad instead of burgers, pasta instead of going out.

I am actually pretty impressed with it.


This week we`re back in at full force:) Yay!

I ran 4 miles on Monday in a newish place that I am going to make a concious effort to go there once a week to run there. I`ll take pictures next time. I ran with my friend after the staff meeting. We stretched for about 10 minutes, and I went home.


Tuesday, I did push-ups (ha), sit-ups, planks, resistance using my body. 3 reps of 10 for each.


Wednesday (today) I was supposed to run with someone in High Park again. I left a text message and called a couple of times. Didn`t get ahold of her or hear from her, so I ended up going for a run closer to home and grabbing dinner (No,not healthy). Stretched when I got home.


Tomorrow is going to happen when it happens, and I`m not sure.


So, many of you know that my school is on strike. And has been for over a month. I`m feeling really disconnected from life. Sure, I am taking on stuff for work, taking this success seminar and working more than I have before,but I don`t fell connected to any of it. I haven`t talked to my best friend in like 2 weeks cause she has exams and I dont get to go in and see the same people everyday like I normally would.


No connection. And I`m not reallly a fan of being disconnected.Things are good in almost all areas but I cannot enjoy it.

I feel like I need more stuff to do. Stuff to keep myself busier.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh well.
Tiger

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger Frayed Laces said...

Wow what an impressive week! Way to go!

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Marci said...

Sounds like a good workout. Hopefully the strike will end soon, last I heard they weren't in talks. Is your year at jeopardy? I hope not!

 
At 4:54 AM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

You've been busy! Lookin' good!

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Missy said...

The eating part is always the hardest...when it's just so easy to go out:)

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Marcy said...

Very nice week indeed :-)

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Sounds like you are doing great, despite feeling disconnected. I hope your school year doesn't get messed up too badly. :(

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Nitmos said...

Way to hit those workouts hard!!

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger BeachRunner said...

Nice week!

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger robison52 said...

You're smart to take a Recovery Week now and then! Sorry to hear about the school strike, but you can still read the "classics" as to deepen your education. Like fitness, education is a lifetime process.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Wes said...

You are keeping busy! I hope those idiots get back to teaching soon.

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

I remember feeling pretty disconnected when I first started working from home. I too was always looking for more things to do. Hopefully that strike will be over soon. Great to hear that it sounds like you are feeling better and back to exercising regularly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home