Monday, December 22, 2008

Interesting Week and Holiday Greetings.

Again, Life is Crraaazzzyyyy.

My trainer is amazing--cycling legs are WAYYYY different than running legs. I don't have either right now.

My Crazy week went as follows:

Wednesday:Trainer ride, great run with besest running buddy. Didn't feel like we were running at all. Agreed to shovel driveway while she was gone. More on that later.

Thursday: 30 minute trainer ride (at this point, 30 minutes is my "Long" ride) while watching Grays Anatomy.

Friday: Work at 8am. Had a lot of trouble breathing. I know that's been happening a lot lately. I do have asthma. It's really bad at work cause there is so much dust and the air circulation is so bad. Basically what happens is I'll walk into work and my airways seem to close up, and I hang out like that until I start getting coughy and wheezy. Even then, I'm fine. I'm learning to deal with it. However, nobody understands this, and they make me sit down. If my fingers start to get crampy then I know it's beyond me and I need to sit down.

I couldn't convince them that I was okay, and they tried to call an ambulance, but I insisted on being driven across the street: a) because it wasn't a real hospital, and I despise hospitals and b) because I didn't want to be alone and nobody had a car.

So after having machines attatched to me (it's a fake emergency room) and fighting life and limb to not get an IV, and having a doctor and a nurse stay with me for the first 20 minutes to make sure I was okay, my friend called work and they tried to get ahold of my emergency contact (which I didn't know I gave them, btw). They gave me some pretty good relaxing drugs too. I ended up calling them and not getting ahold of them until 2 minutes before the doc came in to let me go.

I got home at 4:40 ish, and slept on and off until pretty 11am Saturday. It's absolutely exhausting when you have to work 10 times harder than normal to breathe.

The girl that was with me was fantastic. She has asthma and her mom called, and her mom got me the number for the asthma doctor, and told me to go to my doc to get a referral. SO! Oh, and I was also goal coaching my nurses.

Saturday: Shovelled super Danielle's driveway! New plan: When I get a house in High Park, I purchase a snow-blower first. Worked from 4pm-2am. Fun times.

Sunday: Still absolutley exhausted. Wanted to get up to do trainer ride, but it wasn't in the cards. I slept until aboutttt 1pm and my mom took me to work in a blizzard for 2pm. Came home at about 8, slept until my brother ordered dinner and it got here, had pizza and my new steriods (which have some pretty scary side effects) and went back to bed until about 20 minutes ago. I'm starting to feel almost human.

Todays plan: Finish last minute Christmas shopping. Go to movie with brother because that is our thing and we haven't done it in awhile. Come home, 20 minute trainer ride to something ironman related on Youtube. Possibly some core strength depending on the energy I have. Decorate nook, and put up all the pics on my camera that I have yet to put on facebook. Take pictures of nook and decorations, and make facebook album on my Ironman nook as well.
Then its off to Landmark for what is apparently the best of all sessions. Then I'm sleeping.

Hoping to do Hot Yoga in the morning...

And this will probably be my last post before Christmas, so for those of you who celebrate Christmas:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

And for those of you who don't...

Happy Holidays:)

Love, Tiger

10 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger Marci said...

Asthma is a scary disease and this time of year can be really bad since the air is so dry. Take care of yourself and I look forward to pics on your nooks. {{hugs}}

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Merry Christmas, Tiga!!! Take care of yo self!

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger BeachRunner said...

Merry Christmas.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Nitmos said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Marlene said...

Yikes, I hope you don't have anoher scary episode like that!

Glad you are loving the trainer. ironman, here you come.

Merry Christmas Tigrr!!

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Missy said...

Advair, Proventil, breathing treatments (jitters beyond belief), it's a tough battle. Hang tough. Merry Christmas!

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

You're right, running legs are definitely different from cycling legs. The best feeling is when both are working strong!

With the purchase of my house in October I thought I would post-pone my purchase of a snowblower until next winter. Luckily, I have a wonderful neighbor that helps me with it. However this weekend I did most of the shoveling and actually enjoyed the "cross training"!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That does sound busy! Hope you get to relax some over the holidays! Merry Christmas!

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

take care of yourself, and Merry Christmas! Glad you're loving the trainer! :)

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger RunToTheFinish said...

Boy am I glad to hear someone else say that biking is wayyyy different on the body that running. I can run...I cannot bike.

Looks like you are racking up lots of points for HBBC.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home