Thursday, December 18, 2008

IRONMAN Nook.

Hi Friends,

I know you were expecting a post a day or two after I got my trainer. So was I! However, I set my trainer up on Saturday before I went to work, and went to set my bike up and I had a flat tire. The tire pump I had didn't have the right adapter so I was going to have to wait until I could get to zellers to get a pump, and Sunday was not a day that was going to work.

Monday following a 9-5 shift at work, I headed off to Zellers so that I could get a bike pump. I got one for 20$ and thought that it would be fine. But it wasn't. It had no pressure in it, AT ALL. So, after about an hour of frustrated trying, I gave up and decided I would have to return that pump, and go to Mountain Equiptment Co-op to get a new pump.

After a long Tuesday shift, I headed off to MEC. There was no way I wasn't going to try that darn trainer. Absolutely no way. So I went to MEC. Took the Subway and a street car, and walked in the dark (at 7pm) and got my pump. I walked, and crossed the street but I shouldn't have crossed the street cause it was darker, so I was sorta glad I had this big metal pump incase anyone crossed me.

I got home, just as Rick was coming in the door. Perfect. So I grabbed him and Charlie (my bike) and brought him to the living room. We got her pumped up (Well, I tried for 1/2hr first, then grabbed rick for help) and started loading him onto the trainer.

Now it was pretty intensely exciting. I only road him for about 10 minutes because it was almost 11pm--and I was exhausted. I left him in the kitchen over night but I was told on no uncertain terms that I wasn't allowed to leave him there. Where would he go, I pondered?


There's a nook in my room. Now it's not a big nook--not at all. But Charlie fits there. So does the trainer. And there's a TV, and a place to set my books if I'm studying or my laptop if there's nothing good on TV. It also fits my shoes, my gym bag, a rolled up Yoga Mat and my bike pumps.


I'm still going to add pictures, and a training program to the wall, inspirational stuff-you know?
So that's exciting.

Wanna hear the freaking scariest thing in the world?!

I am going to have to commit to Ironman Lake Placid 2010 by January 5th, 2009 by signing up to volunteer because it appears that all of the Ironmans are selling out to General Entry on site....

Gotta figure some stuff out--find some tri-geeks to ride down with, figure out where I am going to stay, etc, etc.

Training for the Peterborough Half Iron starts....NOW! Well, after lunch with the Best Friend.

We're talking 45 minutes on the trainer followed by a run (brick workout, anyone?) Swimming and running tomorrow after work.

I'll catch up soon, I promise

Love,
Tiger

6 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Looks good! So glad you finally got him going after all the mishaps.

Wow, this all starts happening fast, huh?! Good luck with your first day of Half Iron training - you amaze me!

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Wes said...

That's good stuff Tiger. Everybody's steed needs a nook to call its own :-)

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck with training! looking forward to reading about your journey

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

YAY, for the new bike setup!

Good luck in your training. Exciting to hear about your IM Lake Placid news!

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Do it, do it, watch an Ironman video or some youtube clips right before you have to decide on Lake Placid...it'll push you over the edge!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yay for the new set up and good luck as you begin the Lake Placid endeavor!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home